CanJam London 2023 (August 19-20, 2023)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 12, 2023 at 6:44 AM Post #16 of 432
I know the dates were announced last year itself but it's still worth mentioning that August is not a good idea for future CanJams in London because that's when most people go on family vacations.

I'll still be there though, will see how the hotel pricing will be in the area and book soon.
Long live co-parenting schemes. This happens to be a weekend without kids :wink:

May 12, 2023 at 7:27 AM Post #17 of 432
I'd love to visit. Just can't afford the hotels since I live in Leeds not London. I've always dreamed of attending a CanJam.
I know it's a long day, but could you take the train and just do a day trip? A full day at CanJam would allow you to cover pretty much everything if you're focused, imho.

May 12, 2023 at 7:43 AM Post #18 of 432
London CanJam can easily be explored and enjoyed in a full days visit.

May 12, 2023 at 6:52 PM Post #21 of 432
Yeah. Maybe you are right. But I'd definitely want two days at least. Slap my thigh and call me Sally, but I like to take my time when I audition things....
Well, CanJam is only two days so that's the maximum you'll manage. Personally, I feel it's tricky to take too long with any one product when there are other folks clearly also keen to try the same thing.

May 13, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #23 of 432
If you get there early there's plenty of opportunities to sit and listen to many options without queuing. As the morning goes on and in to the early third hour after opening does it start to become a short waiting experience. BUT... with more people comes more noise....this is what almost destroys everybody's listening experience. Can't be helped... unless one had sound booths like in CanJam SoCal which I'd like to see introduced more so somehow. Last year, London had a separate room with DCS running it which proved beneficial against noise pollution but the main show floor was getting noisier through the day.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 2:43 PM Post #24 of 432
I went with a specific list of brands to try over the 2 days. If the queues were long, I simply walked around and looked at something that was less busy. I took a couple of walks over the bridge just to get some fresh air and rest my ears.

May 14, 2023 at 5:04 AM Post #26 of 432
Fresh Burger and Hot Dog air when you walk across Westminster Bridge... don't buy any of it though!!

May 14, 2023 at 2:05 PM Post #28 of 432
Will there be Aroma Jewel and Sennheiser HE 1?

Last edited:
May 14, 2023 at 2:17 PM Post #29 of 432
Flights, hotel and tickets booked!! Count us in ... !! (Now to figure out how to get this by my wife as she doesn't know yet that we'll be going :thinking: :see_no_evil: :wink:)
She now knows as she's spotted the credit card confirmation ... :p We'll swing by on Saturday morning

May 15, 2023 at 3:47 AM Post #30 of 432
Will there be Aroma Jewel and Sennheiser HE 1?
Yes to HE-1, courtesy of Elise Audio. Not sure about Jewel, I'm afraid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back