CanJam London 2022 (July 30-31, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 22, 2022 at 3:53 PM Post #61 of 280
See you all there 😁 (wish I asked for badges last 2 times I attended lol)
Easiest thing to do is to just PM one of us. Joe always makes a reminder post as well, like this one from 2019.
Added.

If you're going to CanJam London 2019 and would like a London 2019 badge on your profile, please PM me!

Jun 23, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #64 of 280
OK folks this is going to be my first time visiting London, so if you all have any recommendations of landmarks/sights I absolutely shouldn't miss in the Westminster area I'd love to hear them. All of my family in the region live in NIR and they weren't much help when I asked. :p

From the hotel walk directly out the door, which points you toward the river. Couldn't be easier. Head toward the river and the London Eye (the, um, slightly oversized ferris wheel – hard to miss). Instead of crossing the river, turn right and just walk along the waterfront pathway, Take in the sights on your left across the river (your mapping app will identify them all) and also note the various restaurants, pubs, bars, coffee places, food carts etc. on your side of the Thames, on your right. Keep going until you feel like it's time to turn back.

Do this as soon as possible after arrival, and you will know you have a lovely walk dialed in and ready for any time you feel like a break and maybe some nearby refreshment.

If you make it as far as the Shard (look up and ask yourself "which tall, highly visible building got nicknamed the Shard, I wonder?) then you have reached London Bridge. From here you can take the Tube back to Waterloo station and walk from there to the hotel, you can cross London Bridge and explore, or you can go a little further to Tower Bridge, cross there, and take in some very historic sights.

Last edited:
Jun 23, 2022 at 5:07 AM Post #65 of 280
From the hotel walk directly out the door, which points you toward the river. Couldn't be easier. Head toward the river and the London Eye (the, um, slightly oversized ferris wheel – hard to miss). Instead of crossing the river, turn right and just walk along the waterfront pathway, Take in the sights on your left across the river (your mapping app will identify them all) and also note the various restaurants, pubs, bars, coffee places, food carts etc. on your side of the Thames, on your right. Keep going until you feel like it's time to turn back.

Do this as soon as possible after arrival, and you will know you have a lovely walk dialed in and ready for any time you feel like a break and maybe some nearby refreshment.

If you make it as far as the Shard (look up and ask yourself "which tall, highly visible building got nicknamed the Shard, I wonder?) then you have reached London Bridge. From here you can take the Tube back to Waterloo station and walk from there to the hotel, you can cross London Bridge and explore, or you can go a little further to Tower Bridge, cross there, and take in some very historic sights.
Nicely said. It's also a very short walk to Buckingham Palace if you cross the bridge (also all the big known parks, Green Park, Hyde Park...)

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #67 of 280
Edit: Dishoom is already near the top of my list based on how often people rave about the place.

Go to the one in King's Cross and not Covent Garden if possible. For whatever reason, the King's Cross location has been consistently good for me, whereas Covent Garden can be hit/miss.

Jun 23, 2022 at 10:47 AM Post #68 of 280
Thanks everyone! I have a cozy list of places to check out when we arrive, now all that's left is to figure out what's going on the food tour list!

Edit: Dishoom is already near the top of my list based on how often people rave about the place.
If you like Chinese Food head for Soho which is about 30 minutes away and has countless Restaurants.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220623-160824_Maps~2.jpg
    Screenshot_20220623-160824_Maps~2.jpg
    885 KB · Views: 0
Jun 23, 2022 at 1:25 PM Post #69 of 280
Thanks everyone! I have a cozy list of places to check out when we arrive, now all that's left is to figure out what's going on the food tour list!

If you like general street food + drinks then mercato metropolitano is a great place to go to.

Jun 25, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #72 of 280
Hoping to be there on Saturday, got my ticket. First CanJam for me. :)

Edit: Well, that badge only took a few minutes... I really hope I will be able to visit now. I will be flying from Europe on Friday and as we know flights are crazy these days...

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2022 at 4:02 AM Post #74 of 280
Hoping to be there on Saturday, got my ticket. First CanJam for me. :)

Edit: Well, that badge only took a few minutes... I really hope I will be able to visit now. I will be flying from Europe on Friday and as we know flights are crazy these days...
Same here! Already got one flight cancelled on me from Amsterdam. Booked another flight, so fingers crossed for that one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back