CanJam London 2022 (July 30-31, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 29, 2022 at 12:23 PM Post #256 of 280
Dishoom (the King's Cross location) would be my personal pick. It's not exactly nearby, but then again Central London isn't that big to begin with, so it's doable with a relatively short Uber or cab ride.

If you want to stay very close to the hotel, and don't mind Italian, then La Cucina Di Mamma is fairly decent: https://goo.gl/maps/sHytXdnrVXQqrerC6
+1 for Dishoom. I'm at the one at Covent Garden and everything was so good!

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:28 PM Post #257 of 280
+1 for Dishoom. I'm at the one at Covent Garden and everything was so good!
Dishoom is a name I have come across before so must be worth exploring.

Covent Garden is walking distance too so... 🤔

Jul 29, 2022 at 12:56 PM Post #258 of 280
Dishoom is a name I have come across before so must be worth exploring.

Covent Garden is walking distance too so... 🤔
Just a heads up, expect a long line outside. I went early and immediately got a table till six o'clock. When we left at a quarter till six there was a long line outside.

I would have joined you with the DAP but mine took 60 days to get delivered back to China for repair so had to make a last-minute purchase of the Qudelix 5K.
Well, from what I have read, you can't go wrong with the Qudelix. At least you are prepared!

Jul 29, 2022 at 1:30 PM Post #259 of 280
Just a heads up, expect a long line outside. I went early and immediately got a table till six o'clock. When we left at a quarter till six there was a long line outside.

Well, from what I have read, you can't go wrong with the Qudelix. At least you are prepared!
Thanks, good to know.

I have not had much time with the Qudelix but the saved EQ profiles are extremely impressive. 👍

Jul 29, 2022 at 2:31 PM Post #261 of 280
Hifi headphones have a crackin canjam deal on the EM5. I golly wolly want one

Jul 29, 2022 at 3:21 PM Post #262 of 280
This is pretty good too:

Jomo Audio15% for all universals

That's over £400 off for the GT600! :open_mouth:

Jul 29, 2022 at 7:28 PM Post #263 of 280

It's finally happening! We're so happy to return to London for the first time since 2019! CanJam London 2022 will take place once again at at the beautiful Park Plaza Westminster Bridge, right in the heart of Central London. SAVE THE DATES and be sure to subscribe to the thread for updates!

CanJam London 2022

Park Plaza Westminster Bridge
200 Westminster Bridge Road
London SE1 7UT
United Kingdom

Saturday, July 30, 2022
10am to 6pm

Sunday, July 31, 2022
10am to 5pm

Show Passes (Click here to purchase)
Weekend Pass - £30
One Day Pass - £20

If you purchased a Show Pass for the postponed 2020 show, you will not need to re-purchase. All previously purchased Show Passes will be valid for 2022.

Travel
The Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel in London is situated in London's South Bank, within walking distance of the city's most iconic attractions, including Big Ben and the Houses of Parliament. The hotel's location near the London Eye, Shrek's Adventure! London, the London Aquarium and the National Theatre makes Park Plaza the perfect accommodation for tourists and business guests. Spacious hotel rooms, including 65 Suites and Penthouses and more than 500 Studio Rooms, ensure guests a comfortable stay in this contemporary, design-led Westminster Bridge hotel. Waterloo and Westminster tube stations are a five-minute walk from the hotel.

CanJam Volunteers
There will be volunteer staff positions at CanJam London 2022 to assist at the Registration Desk. You will need to be able to commit to a 4 hour shift on either the Saturday or Sunday of the event. Volunteers will receive free weekend passes along with an event T-Shirt. If you are interested, please send me a PM or email to ethan@canjam.org with your full name, email address, and T-Shirt size.

We look forward to seeing you in London!

Hi @third_eye @joe @warrenpchi

Seeing as you appear to be involved in organising this even I wondered if you could please help...

I bought my weekend pass on 6th June and have proof of the deduction on my bank statement. However I can't find my ticket in my inbox. I've just sent an email through the contact form on the Canjam website. However, given the event is only a few hours away I wondered if there's someone specific you can point me to, so this can be resolved?

Thanks in advance

Last edited:
Jul 29, 2022 at 8:40 PM Post #264 of 280
Eep, hope you get sorted!!

Jul 29, 2022 at 9:30 PM Post #265 of 280
Dishoom (the King's Cross location) would be my personal pick. It's not exactly nearby, but then again Central London isn't that big to begin with, so it's doable with a relatively short Uber or cab ride.

Audiophiles visiting Dishoom KC should also stop in next door at Spiritland KC to check out their audio system.
spiritland-system-2-1500x750.jpeg

Jul 29, 2022 at 10:34 PM Post #266 of 280
Hi @third_eye @joe @warrenpchi

Seeing as you appear to be involved in organising this even I wondered if you could please help...

I bought my weekend pass on 6th June and have proof of the deduction on my bank statement. However I can't find my ticket in my inbox. I've just sent an email through the contact form on the Canjam website. However, given the event is only a few hours away I wondered if there's someone specific you can point me to, so this can be resolved?

Thanks in advance

No worries mate, Ethan (@third_eye) will get you sorted at the event. Have fun at the show! :)

Jul 30, 2022 at 2:10 AM Post #267 of 280
Less than three hours away now! :slight_smile: Have a hearty breakfast lads, you'll want to skip lunch to maximise listening time! 🍳 🥓 🍅 🧇 ☕

Jul 30, 2022 at 3:00 AM Post #269 of 280
On my way... ETA 9.30AM. This is exciting! Hopefully will be able to bump into a few familiar members and make new friends of other forum members. Enjoy the show everyone!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back