CanJam London 2017 (July 15-16, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 15, 2017 at 9:46 AM Post #406 of 416
Hey there

Any chance to hear a Soekris DAC1541?
Would like to hear some impressions, since I won't make it to London, myself.

Cheers

Jul 15, 2017 at 10:55 AM Post #407 of 416
can't find mine, I think I lost them, so I would love to be able to buy some again. And westone startips, and spinfits twin flanges

Hifiheadphones will have the spinfits you are after :)

Jul 15, 2017 at 11:31 AM Post #409 of 416
IMG_5308.JPG
Battle of the titans. For my taste, Shure wins. Incredibly sweet & musical while being close to reality !

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:42 PM Post #410 of 416
Just got back from CanJam today where I was hoping to meet Moedawg140 to have a listen to his Andromeda, but couldn't find him. Every time I tried to find him, I got completely distracted with all the wonderful toys there. My first CanJam and did know which way to turn next, fantastic day. I have to give a huge thanks to the guy working on the main reception desk for letting me sit down behind the desk and have a good listen to his Andromeda. I didn't even get his name, so if you read this all I can say is thank you thank you thank you and I've just ordered the Andromeda :beerchug:

Jul 15, 2017 at 1:51 PM Post #411 of 416
Just back home from the show.

Had a good time down there, was good to see/hear all the equipment I had been thinking about buying over the past year or so. TBH it made me realise that I am happy with the Sennheiser HD600 & B&W P7 I have been using up until this point. Maybe it was the room & background noise but the HiFiMan & Audeze products I tried (and wanted to hear for years) didn't convince me anywhere near enough that I wanted to purchase them. Saying that, the Stax headphones I tried were the best sounding ones I personally heard on the day.

Saw "MOEDAWG 140" in the Arsenal kit down there having a walk around!

Anyway, it was great to have all of the products all together in one room available for listening & it was very well run down there & the location was really good.

Last edited:
Jul 15, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #413 of 416
Today my "mission" was to try several IEM to find the best match for my A&K SP1000 SS.

- The LCD-i4 surprisingly needed more power than the SP1000 can provide. It more power hungry than my "big" HE-X ! Volume was loud enough, but sound was "flat" out of the SP1000 (I could not try balanced since Audeze do not propose a balanced cable, which is STUPID). The LCD-i4 definitively need an external amp ! Powered by the HUGO 2 if became a totally different animal !

- Very very disapointed by the sound of the Empire Ears Zeus XR ! And I did not finded it confortable, with the adele option is it really BIG.

- 64 Audio U18 and Fourté were very pleasant, and confortable. U18 more accurate and Fourté, more... fun. But the fun of the fourte IMO is reached at the price of a lack of reality. They add something that is not in the recording... to please us :wink:

- the SHURE KSE 1500 electrostatic again was my final choice. They are as enjoyable as the fourte while being Faithful to the reality of the recording. No artificial input in the sound. My first reaction when I heard the SHURE out of my SP1000 was "HOW SWEET !" Finally my SP1000 has find his perfect match and is 100% musical. And then when I listened to the intro of Mahler 3rd symphony I was shocked by the extreme energy and Bass that this system can provide. It can be a Sweety or a Monster...depend of the music. Plus they are so small that they are super confortable. They fit 100% inside the ear.

AND SO....I BOUGHT TODAY ON THE SHOW A SHURE KSE1500 :ksc75smile:

IMG_5332.JPG

So, I failed in my quest to find an IEML as good as the SHURE (for the SP1000) that will not need an extra amplifier. It seems that this extra energizer box is the price to pay to get such a sweeeet, punchy and accurate sound !

IMG_5310.jpg IMG_5302.jpg IMG_5297.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back