CanJam London 2017 (July 15-16, 2017)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jul 1, 2017 at 1:52 PM Post #271 of 416
Thank you for your help. I have few custom IEMs, made from impressions from local audiologists, was just thinking, if there will be some who is really good at taking them for customs, it might be good chance.

Just curious, how much Amplifon charges for set of impressions?
Ms. Flower, who has been at CanJam London for the last two years, should more than likely be there again at this year's CanJam London.

I'm also sure that Empire Ears will have someone who will create impressions as well. From experience, both are very good.

Pictures of Ms. Flower creating my impressions are in my CanJam London 2016 impressions and review thread, located currently in my signature and located permanently in my profile.

Last edited:
Jul 1, 2017 at 1:55 PM Post #272 of 416
I'll be in Central London (near Big Ben) starting July 11th, so if anyone wants to hang out or have a pre-event meet of sorts (I'm already bringing some requested products), please let me know! You can PM me, alternatively, if you'd like.

Jul 1, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #273 of 416
Ms. Glick, who has been at CanJam London for the last two years, should more than likely be there again at this year's CanJam London.

I'm also sure that Empire Ears will have someone who will create impressions as well. From experience, both are very good.

Pictures of Ms. Glick creating my impressions are in my CanJam London 2016 impressions and review thread, located currently in my signature and located permanently in my profile.

Gisele Flower will also be doing impressions at the Noble booth. Noble is also offering Free Impressions.

Jul 1, 2017 at 2:34 PM Post #274 of 416
Gisele Flower will also be doing impressions at the Noble booth. Noble is also offering Free Impressions.
I edited my previous impressions recommendation. I got my CanJams (and therefore audiologists) mixed up, my apologies. Ms. Flower, yes. She was very nice and provided impressions (I didn't purchase a product). Empire Ears will also provide free impressions (usually it's Dean) who will offer impressions. Supremely awesome gentleman, and is one of the founding fathers of all that is in-ear. Those that stop by the Empire Ears booth should have a chat with him - his experience and what he's invented in the past and present is simply mind-blowing.

Jul 2, 2017 at 2:37 AM Post #278 of 416
Thank you for your help. I have few custom IEMs, made from impressions from local audiologists, was just thinking, if there will be some who is really good at taking them for customs, it might be good chance.

Just curious, how much Amplifon charges for set of impressions?
I don't actually know the Amplifon charge. It was bundled in with a different purchase I was making, and it could be out of date now as well. Probably best to email or ring them directly.

Jul 2, 2017 at 6:11 AM Post #279 of 416
Ms. Flower, who has been at CanJam London for the last two years, should more than likely be there again at this year's CanJam London.

Pictures of Ms. Flower creating my impressions are in my CanJam London 2016 impressions and review thread, located currently in my signature and located permanently in my profile.

Thanks! Want my next customs to fit as good as possible, so will try experts over local audiologists.

Shanling Have any question about our players? Just PM me or send me email. Stay updated on Shanling at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Shanling-Audio-603230783166845/ https://twitter.com/ShanlingAudio https://www.instagram.com/shanlingaudio/ http://en.shanling.com/ frankie@shanling.com
Jul 2, 2017 at 6:29 AM Post #280 of 416
Thanks! Want my next customs to fit as good as possible, so will try experts over local audiologists.

Just to add, I've heard many people praising Gisele Flowers. People say she is extremely professional, makes a huge effort to ensure that she gets the best possible impressions for your ears and always does an outstanding job. Someone else might have a reputation for research or innovation (which is great!), but that doesn't make them the best person to do impressions (although they might be great at that too of course).
John, who founded Noble Audio, is an Audiologist with loads of professional experience and a PhD. I think he wouldn't recommend or use another audiologist unless he was totally confident in their skills.

I think if you go to any of the people recommended in this thread, you'll be fine :)

Jul 2, 2017 at 6:44 AM Post #281 of 416
I'll be in Central London (near Big Ben) starting July 11th, so if anyone wants to hang out or have a pre-event meet of sorts (I'm already bringing some requested products), please let me know! You can PM me, alternatively, if you'd like.

FWIW if you are looking for interesting venues to meet up, you could do worse than http://spiritland.com/about/

Jul 2, 2017 at 7:19 AM Post #282 of 416
Just to add, I've heard many people praising Gisele Flowers. People say she is extremely professional, makes a huge effort to ensure that she gets the best possible impressions for your ears and always does an outstanding job. Someone else might have a reputation for research or innovation (which is great!), but that doesn't make them the best person to do impressions (although they might be great at that too of course).
John, who founded Noble Audio, is an Audiologist with loads of professional experience and a PhD. I think he wouldn't recommend or use another audiologist unless he was totally confident in their skills.

I think if you go to any of the people recommended in this thread, you'll be fine :)
Gisele will be at Canjam and I can certainly highly recommend her! She a perfectionist when it comes to impressions. I got my Ei.3 CIEMs through her and she has been amazing when it turned out I got pressure issues from the tight custom fit. Because we could not quite find the cause she talked about it to anyone she thought might be able to help and put me in touch with a few of them to discuss it in more detail. She is also a really nice and fun person to meet up with!

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:31 AM Post #283 of 416
In case you missed my above post:

Empire Ears will also provide free impressions (usually it's Dean) who will offer impressions. Supremely awesome gentleman, and is one of the founding fathers of all that is in-ear. Those that stop by the Empire Ears booth should have a chat with him - his experience and what he's invented in the past and present is simply mind-blowing.

Good luck!

Jul 2, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #284 of 416
FWIW if you are looking for interesting venues to meet up, you could do worse than http://spiritland.com/about/
Thank you very much for the recommendation!

I may go with that place, or Park Plaza Westminster Bridge Hotel since it isn't far from where I'll be staying - or maybe my hotel if I think the place is sufficient (the lounge area, in pictures, looks pretty snazzy).

I'll be playing it by ear and seeing if there is interest. :beerchug:

Jul 2, 2017 at 12:47 PM Post #285 of 416
In case you missed my above post:

Empire Ears will also provide free impressions (usually it's Dean) who will offer impressions. Supremely awesome gentleman, and is one of the founding fathers of all that is in-ear. Those that stop by the Empire Ears booth should have a chat with him - his experience and what he's invented in the past and present is simply mind-blowing.

Good luck!

Hi Moe,

Just wanting some clarification.. Is this saying that anyone can just pitch up to the Empire Ears stall and get free impressions done?
Or is it only for people who are actually placing an order for an Empire Ears product?

They say if something sounds too good to be true, it usually is. So I thought I'd just check :p

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back