Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 1, 2016 at 6:11 PM Post #241 of 688
Going again this year with the wife
beyersmile.png
staying in Croydon for 5 days...

Jun 2, 2016 at 4:56 PM Post #245 of 688
Jun 2, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #246 of 688
  Mitchell & Johnson added to exhibitor list!

Nice. I wanted to back the KS campaign, but was saving for another purchase. It will be nice to hear their gear. I've already had two friends tell me they really liked the KS headphones.

@third_eye Any chance I can get the badge early for Canjam London since I've signed up to volunteer this year?

Jun 3, 2016 at 1:28 AM Post #247 of 688
Not going to make it CanJam this year either, but I will be moving to London for a month or two around December. Any recommendations for stuff to do/places to visit in London/UK?

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:33 PM Post #249 of 688

@third_eye Any chance I can get the badge early for Canjam London since I've signed up to volunteer this year?

Yes, definitely! We will be doing a meetup/cocktail hour for CanJam volunteers on the Friday evening, August 12 so we can provide badges then.

@third_eye do you need any more volunteers? Would love to do it again this year :)

Yep, just sent you a PM!
beerchug.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 12:38 PM Post #250 of 688

Yes, definitely! We will be doing a meetup/cocktail hour for CanJam volunteers on the Friday evening, August 12 so we can provide badges then.

That might be dangerous after we all attend the Great British Beer Festival on Friday.
wink.gif

beerchug.gif

Jun 3, 2016 at 4:33 PM Post #254 of 688

Wait, cocktails are ok after beer, right??

gs1000.gif

yup, always go up in %
wink.gif

There seem to be contradictory reports. I always remember "liquor then beer, you're in the clear." In Poland, even the beer is generally over 5% alcohol, and we all know about the vodka. I could use some Zubrowka right about now (the vodka, not the beer).

Jun 3, 2016 at 5:22 PM Post #255 of 688
The order for consuming beer and liquor is a myth. It all comes down to how quickly you drink and how quickly your body can process and metabolize the alcohol. The average adult male metabolizes one drink an hour. Drink what you want when you want and as long as you don't drink large amounts quickly you'll be fine either way you go. As Piotr's wink implies, if someone starts drinking 2-3 beers an hour and then 2-3 glasses of whiskey an hour they're likely to get sick due to the increased alcohol intake. That's why many believe they can drink liquor then beer without ill effects because they're consuming less alcohol in the same window.

And to stay somewhat on topic, I love the graphic on canjamglobal.com for the event.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back