CanJam Global 2022 General
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 4, 2020 at 11:19 PM Post #137 of 286
Until a vaccine and/or a cure has been developed, I won’t be going to any CanJam, or any other large social gathering such as sporting events, concerts; etc. Imo, the risk is far greater than the reward. I might be in the minority here but so be it.

May 19, 2020 at 12:03 AM Post #138 of 286
UPDATE: We hope that everyone is doing well and keeping safe during these challenging times. As we continue to monitor the current situation in coordination with our local CanJam venues, we've taken the decision to postpone CanJam London out to the new dates of July 17-18, 2021. We're hopeful that we'll be able to get back on track soon and will update again in June in case further schedule changes for 2020 are required.

london big bANNER (1).jpg

WechatIMG5032.jpeg
So is the Chicago event still going to proceed? If so, where can I find a list of exhibitors? Also, putting on headphones etc, there would almost have to be disposable covers for the ear pads, or something similar, correct? What I'm asking is what sort of precautions will be in place?

Until a vaccine and/or a cure has been developed, I won’t be going to any CanJam, or any other large social gathering such as sporting events, concerts; etc. Imo, the risk is far greater than the reward. I might be in the minority here but so be it.
I'm pretty much thinking this is very prudent. Would love to attend, but not worth the potential risk at this time, imo also.

Jun 2, 2020 at 6:42 PM Post #139 of 286
Update:
We're hoping that everyone is doing well and are eagerly looking forward to being able to get back on track again soon. After several weeks of consultation together with our event venues, we will be rescheduling our Singapore, Shenzhen, and Chicago event dates as follows:

CanJam Singapore (originally August 29-30, 2020) is now scheduled for March 27-28, 2021
CanJam Shenzhen (originally September 5-6, 2020) is now scheduled for April 3-4, 2021
CanJam Chicago (originally October 10-11, 2020) is now scheduled for June 19-20, 2021

All pre-purchased tickets will be valid for the new dates. CanJam Shanghai (November 7–8, 2020) and CanJam SoCal (December 12-13, 2020) are on track to proceed as scheduled. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again later this year and in 2021!

CANJAM BIG PROMOTE 2021.jpg

Jun 2, 2020 at 8:35 PM Post #140 of 286
Update:
We're hoping that everyone is doing well and are eagerly looking forward to being able to get back on track again soon. After several weeks of consultation together with our event venues, we will be rescheduling our Singapore, Shenzhen, and Chicago event dates as follows:

CanJam Singapore (originally August 29-30, 2020) is now scheduled for March 27-28, 2021
CanJam Shenzhen (originally September 5-6, 2020) is now scheduled for April 3-4, 2021
CanJam Chicago (originally October 10-11, 2020) is now scheduled for June 19-20, 2021

All pre-purchased tickets will be valid for the new dates. CanJam Shanghai (November 7–8, 2020) and CanJam SoCal (December 12-13, 2020) are on track to proceed as scheduled. We’re looking forward to seeing everyone again later this year and in 2021!

Tough decision and completely understand. Just want to vent and say it sucks that Chicago got rolled to next June, was really looking forward to Chicago in the Fall and seeing some friends there. Keeping fingers crossed for SoCal in Dec. :fingers_crossed:

Hope everyone is healthy, staying safe and listening to great music with great gear.

Last edited:
Aug 24, 2020 at 1:05 PM Post #141 of 286
UPDATE: We hope everyone has had a good and safe summer! While we were really hoping to be able to proceed with our remaining 2020 shows in Shanghai and SoCal, we've made the decision to postpone both shows until next year due to the continued uncertainty, and under advisement of our local hotel venues. Here is the full 2021 schedule along with the newly scheduled dates for CanJam Shanghai and CanJam SoCal in 2021.

CanJam 2021 Big Promo.jpg

Aug 26, 2020 at 8:55 PM Post #142 of 286
UPDATE: We hope everyone has had a good and safe summer! While we were really hoping to be able to proceed with our remaining 2020 shows in Shanghai and SoCal, we've made the decision to postpone both shows until next year due to the continued uncertainty, and under advisement of our local hotel venues. Here is the full 2021 schedule along with the newly scheduled dates for CanJam Shanghai and CanJam SoCal in 2021.

CanJam 2021 Big Promo.jpg
Obviously a bit disappointing. Also obviously the right choice given the circumstances. Be well and stay safe, I'll be there in Shanghai in 2021!

Sep 1, 2020 at 11:30 AM Post #143 of 286
Here's hoping that things can get back on track in 2021! Tentatively planning for NYC in Feb.

Oct 13, 2020 at 10:06 PM Post #146 of 286
Oct 19, 2020 at 3:52 PM Post #149 of 286
I can see NYC not happening, its a little over 4 months away and things are still bad in NY.

How would this even work? How many people will be allowed in. I dont see February having an easing of restrictions. I'm probably skipping canjam this year and only because i have older parents and one with a heart condition whom i see frequently.

Oct 19, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #150 of 286
How would this even work? How many people will be allowed in. I dont see February having an easing of restrictions. I'm probably skipping canjam this year and only because i have older parents and one with a heart condition whom i see frequently.

There are several reasons why it wont work. One of the other things people go to the shows is to do things after the show ends. With things still being closed down, what would be the point of going? Just enjoying the show and then going to sit in a hotel room, not my idea of fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back