CanJam Dallas, Listening Strategy
Oct 9, 2023 at 8:57 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

DP42

Head-Fier
Loving my LCD-2C with Bifrost 2/64 + G111 MK2, not listening with the Ananda's much anymore. I keep both plugged in, and swap back and forth, but the LCD always stays on my head. Anyway, heading to CanJam Dallas for Sunday only, so I might have just 6 hours to check out headphones that could be the next step up. Any suggestions on which booths to visit? I think rich and thick sound is my thing right now, so don't want to waste time on light and airy sounding cans. I will definitely check out ZMF, what other brands should I demo? Thanks.

Oct 9, 2023 at 7:38 PM Post #2 of 4
ZMF is a definite for sure. Just having a hard time thinking of rich and thick sounding cans. Meze is not light and airy and are definitely worth a listen. I’m sure dCS and Woo Audio will have some Abyss on hand and you should give the WA-23 Luna a listen as well a fantastic tube amp that has no problem with planars. DCA might not be to your liking but are definitely worth a try as well as Fostex.
You should also give some IEM’s a go as well. One that really caught my ear at SoCal was the 64 Audio Volur ,Noble and EE also have some really good ones well.
If this were a SoCal or NYC CanJam one day would be tuff to make the rounds but if this is a bit more like Chicago and you coming on Sunday should not be a big problem.

Oct 9, 2023 at 8:30 PM Post #3 of 4
Thanks for the help, really interested in the ZMF Atrium. One concern, though, is their demo chain might be high dollar and it would sway me to purchase on that basis. I wonder if my mid-fi chain is sufficient to get the Atrium to perform their magic.

Oct 9, 2023 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 4
Have to say haven’t listened to Lake People gear but it seems highly regarded . Yes there is some stellar gear at the ZMF room for sure. The Atrium does really well from my iFi iDSD Diablo and Monoprice Cavalli Liquid Platinum so mid-Fi is fine. Does it sound amazing from the WA-23 yes and will be bringing mine to listen to it again.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back