CanJam Chicago 2022 (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 26, 2022 at 12:32 PM Post #166 of 356
I’ve never had the opportunity to attend one of these, but they seem to be the only way to try audio gear that I’ll probably never afford. How packed do these CanJams usually get? Is there a huge wait to get listening time with equipment?
They are packed and lively, but not crowded

You’ll be able to easily listen to anything you want. At most, you wait a couple of minutes and take your turn. Everyone is polite and accommodating. You’ll demo more than you’d be able to absorb :)

May 27, 2022 at 1:31 AM Post #168 of 356
They are packed and lively, but not crowded

You’ll be able to easily listen to anything you want. At most, you wait a couple of minutes and take your turn. Everyone is polite and accommodating. You’ll demo more than you’d be able to absorb :)

Woo hoo, time to roll out some greatest hits! :relaxed:

May 27, 2022 at 4:12 PM Post #171 of 356
Okay, as a guy from Detroit, I have to ask: If I had to pick one pizza place to try while I'm in town, what do you recommend I pick?

And for the record, I do plan on returning to Kuma's Corner for a burger, because damn. The Neurosis burger was insane when I was in town in October....

We went to Pequod's last time we visited. It was very good, but super heavy. I guess that's deep dish style though? (not an expert)

Yeah, any good food recommendations in general would be appreciated for us out-of-town visitors.

3 weeks to go!!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:

Last edited:
May 27, 2022 at 5:02 PM Post #173 of 356
We went to Pequod's last time we visited. It was very good, but super heavy. I guess that's deep dish style though? (not an expert)

Yeah, any good food recommendations in general would be appreciated for us out-of-town visitors.

3 weeks to go!!

:L3000::L3000::L3000:
Pequod's is certainly on the short list of Chicago pizza.

If you have the wallet after CanJam does it’s part, try here. Not pizza. Not ordinary either.

https://www.moodytongue.com/

Or here - http://www.thepublicanrestaurant.com/

May 27, 2022 at 5:45 PM Post #175 of 356
Okay, as a guy from Detroit, I have to ask: If I had to pick one pizza place to try while I'm in town, what do you recommend I pick?

And for the record, I do plan on returning to Kuma's Corner for a burger, because damn. The Neurosis burger was insane when I was in town in October....
Nothing beats Jets Pizza. Chicago pizza chains don't even compare ....

May 27, 2022 at 5:47 PM Post #177 of 356
May 27, 2022 at 5:51 PM Post #179 of 356
Damn I must be so jaded at this point because I heard that same system and it was a "meh" experienceI
I kind of agree. It's good, but I personally prefer my Mjolnir Carbon. That said, the Eksonic T2 totally blew my mind. I definitey plan to revisit it in Chicago if @Kerry brings it again (fingers crossed) :)

May 27, 2022 at 5:53 PM Post #180 of 356
Some non-deep dish pizzas to try while you're in Chicago: Bonci (Roman). Piece (New Haven), Boiler Room (NY). But yeah, Pequod's is my favorite Chicago deep dish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back