CanJam Chicago 2022 Impressions Thread (June 18-19, 2022)
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 27, 2022 at 11:43 AM Post #346 of 390
Dan Clark Audio tuned the Stealth to the Harman Target, which has been incorrectly deemed "neutral" by many, it's simply a a reference curve based on research that suits some listeners. Unfortunately audiophiles are much more finicky about sound, and one reference cannot be followed as bible. If you are a harman follower, that's awesome that you've found what suits you the best.

I do not follow the Harman target for our headphones because I don't personally find it to sound the most natural to the experiences I've had with music, there are parts of Harman that I love and parts that don't sound right to me which varies depending on the transducer, headphone design and sources I use. Tuning and measuring headphones has nothing to do with if wood is used or not (it influences a non-frequency/distortion related area and damping factor which I do think is important), you are simply stating a preference which is totally valid and you should definitely stick with it for yourself.

Other people have different preferences based on their experiences, and you should validate those as well because your argument for transparency is moot because it directly contradicts itself, and is based on personal preference, where there is no wrong.

@AxelCloris - it might be best to move this discussion to another thread in the Members lounge or such? I don't think it has much to do with CanJam.
I prefer to tune my hearing with natural sounds. An instrument playing before me or by me in fairly neutral surroundings. How do you tune or adjust your headphones to your liking?

Jun 27, 2022 at 11:55 AM Post #347 of 390
it might be best to move this discussion to another thread in the Members lounge or such? I don't think it has much to do with CanJam.
I think that's a good call. If folks want to discuss the merits of headphone materials and voicings in depth, a new thread in the lounge may be the best call. Let's please keep this thread related to CanJam Chicago impressions. Thanks everyone.

Jun 27, 2022 at 9:55 PM Post #348 of 390
We talk about CanJam Chicago...

ABYSS Headphones We engineer, machine, and build our headphones from scratch in New York, USA. Stay updated on ABYSS Headphones at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/AbyssHeadphones https://twitter.com/AbyssHeadphones https://www.instagram.com/abyssheadphones/ https://abyss-headphones.com/ info@Abyss-Headphones.com
Jun 28, 2022 at 12:23 AM Post #350 of 390
I echo @sajid ‘s sentiment. Good product made in the US by amazing people.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:06 PM Post #352 of 390
I think i met/talked to some of you at CanJam, but not sure who any of you were. I was wearing a mask, so that does not help.

Jun 28, 2022 at 12:13 PM Post #353 of 390
I think i met/talked to some of you at CanJam, but not sure who any of you were. I was wearing a mask, so that does not help.
Masked too.

Jun 28, 2022 at 1:14 PM Post #355 of 390
I spent a bunch of time sitting at the Registration Table, but was not working there... Black baseball hat with 2 horizontal white stripes, black surgical mask 5' 10" 210 lbs..... wearing black vest on Saturday, and bright yellow shirt on Sunday....

Jun 28, 2022 at 2:36 PM Post #356 of 390
I spent a bunch of time sitting at the Registration Table, but was not working there... Black baseball hat with 2 horizontal white stripes, black surgical mask 5' 10" 210 lbs..... wearing black vest on Saturday, and bright yellow shirt on Sunday....
I was yelling canjam Miami(,or Florida)next year on my way out !!! Hehe

Jun 28, 2022 at 6:20 PM Post #357 of 390
Yes. It was very underpowered for driving Susvara as I had to put it at 3 pm to get enough volume. But, I thought it did a decent job especially with Arya. If someone is buying a high quality system for around $2000-2200, the Arya + EF400 is a good pairing. It has an R2R dac which is my favorite and the bass response is decent. Sounds even better with HE1000SE.
I just received my EF400 about a week ago and the Arya (Stealth) about 2 weeks before that. I'm in the process of breaking them in now. The EF400, so far is giving me what I expected, which is a smooth detailed sound. I also ordered a 1/8th to XLR adapter from Moon Audio for me to run it using the balanced connection. That (hopefully) should arrive this week.

Jun 28, 2022 at 6:37 PM Post #358 of 390
I also ordered a 1/8th to XLR adapter from Moon Audio for me to run it using the balanced connection.

:grimacing: You're going to plug a 3.5mm TRS (single-ended) headphone cable into the 4-pin XLR balanced out of the EF400?

Jun 28, 2022 at 6:53 PM Post #360 of 390
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back