CanJam at RMAF 2010
Oct 4, 2010 at 8:41 PM Post #46 of 80
Quote:
I'm curious.. is there a kind of rotating watch on the equipment.. the thought of leaving my gear to tour the rest of the show kinda put me off brining anything

It seems like the setup will be similar to last year's (as it looks like we'll be back in the same room based on the info at the RMAF Web site) which means that even if there weren't any Head-Fi members in the room at any given time (which would be highly unlikely), the vendors are there to keep an eye on things (and they have to be at their tables constantly of course unlike us mere members). Introduce yourself to the vendors and ask them to keep a watchful eye out for a worst-case scenario. You should already know Ray Samuels.
wink.gif

Quote:
I think it would be good for us to organize something for watching the equipment.  Last year a couple of things got stolen from the vendors in the HeadFi room.  Normally at HeadFi meets it's not a problem, but not everybody at RMAF is part of "our" group.

I'd like to add that the items stolen at last year's RMAF happened during a power blackout. So unless there's another blackout the chances of it happening again are slim.

Oct 5, 2010 at 1:13 AM Post #47 of 80

Quote:
Hey I'm impressed you know the connection between Rally 555 and Team Subaru, not many people do.  I had a beloved 05 STI and a girl on a darn cell phone plowed into me and totaled it.  I didn't care for the 09 wagon STI and had to scramble to get an 08 Evo.  Do you follow Rally Racing?  I'm sorry we won't be able to meet in Denver, it would have been nice.  

Well, I'm planning to arrive about 5:00PM Friday night to see if I can set up my gear, and so I might be able to meet you.  It depends on traffic from Colorado Springs and how long you will be there.  

(I had to trade in my 04 STI for an 06 Tribeca to use in the kids carpool 4 years ago, but I want to get a 2011 STI in April - until then I have an 05 Impreza RS that I can steal from my 17 yr old daughter when I want to have some fun in the curves.  I don't follow rally as much these days.)

Oct 5, 2010 at 8:29 AM Post #48 of 80

WOW 04 STI!  Probably one of the best STI's.  Of course you had the optional radio.  Here is my email.  Email me & I'll give you my cell.  We may still be at the show when you get there or we can meet up for drinks or something.  

I drove the 2011 STI last week finally a 4 door that looks like a rally car again.

Jesse
rally555@msn.com

Quote:
Well, I'm planning to arrive about 5:00PM Friday night to see if I can set up my gear, and so I might be able to meet you.  It depends on traffic from Colorado Springs and how long you will be there.  

(I had to trade in my 04 STI for an 06 Tribeca to use in the kids carpool 4 years ago, but I want to get a 2011 STI in April - until then I have an 05 Impreza RS that I can steal from my 17 yr old daughter when I want to have some fun in the curves.  I don't follow rally as much these days.)

Oct 6, 2010 at 3:09 PM Post #49 of 80
I am going to try and make it as well.  I may just drive down from Ft Collins if anyone is interested in car pooling.

Send me a PM if interested.

Oct 7, 2010 at 1:44 PM Post #50 of 80
Here's what HeadRoom is bringing.  Please feel free to make any suggestions of things to add to the list. 

[size=11pt]Headphones:[/size]

[size=11pt]AKG K701[/size]
[size=11pt]AKG K701 w/ Balanced Fat Pipe[/size]
[size=11pt]AKG K702 w/ cardas cable[/size]

[size=11pt]audio-technica ANC7B[/size]
[size=11pt]audio-technica ATH-AD700[/size]
[size=11pt]audio-technica ATH-A700[/size]
[size=11pt]audio-technica ATH-M50[/size]
[size=11pt]audio-technica W-5000[/size]
[size=11pt]audio-technica ESW-9A[/size]

[size=11pt]beatsbydre Solo black[/size]
[size=11pt]beatsbydre White[/size]

[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT880 w/ Balanced Fat Pipe 250 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT880 w/ Fat Pipe 250 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT880 stock 250 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT770 w/ Balanced Fat Pipe 250 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT990 250 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic Tesla T1 with balanced cable[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic Tesla T50P[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT770 32 Ohm (blue)[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT880 32 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT770 600 Ohm[/size]
[size=11pt]beyerdynamic DT880 600 Ohm[/size]

[size=11pt]Denon AH-NC800[/size]
[size=11pt]Denon AH-NC732[/size]
[size=11pt]Denon D7000 w/ Balanced Fat Pipe[/size]
[size=11pt]Denon D7000 stock[/size]
[size=11pt]Denon D2000 stock[/size]
[size=11pt]Denon AH-D1100[/size]

[size=11pt]Grado RS1[/size]
[size=11pt]Grado RS1 Balanced[/size]
[size=11pt]Grado GS1000[/size]
[size=11pt]Grado PS1000[/size]
[size=11pt]Grado SR60i[/size]
[size=11pt]Grado SR125I[/size]
[size=11pt]Grado SR225i[/size]

[size=11pt]HiFi MAN HD5-LE (2pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]HiFi MAN HE5[/size]

[size=11pt]Phiaton PS500[/size]
[size=11pt]Phiaton PS320[/size]

[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD800 with balanced stock cable[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD560 w/ Cardas cable[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD800[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD650 stock[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD448[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD280 Pro[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD 25-II[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser HD595[/size]
[size=11pt]Sennheiser PX200-II[/size]

[size=11pt]Shure SRH 840[/size]
[size=11pt]Shure SR750 DJ[/size]
[size=11pt]Shure SRH240[/size]

[size=11pt]Sony SA5000[/size]
[size=11pt]Sony MDR V7506[/size]

[size=11pt]Ultrasone HFI 580[/size]
[size=11pt]Ultrasone HFI 2400\[/size]
[size=11pt]Ultrasone Pro 900[/size]
[size=11pt]Ultrasone HFI 780[/size]
[size=11pt]Ultrasone Edition 8 w/ Balanced Fat pipe[/size]
[size=11pt]Ultrasone Edition 8 stock[/size]

[size=11pt]HeadRoom Gear:[/size]
[size=11pt]Balanced Ultra Desktop Amp (2pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Desktop Power Supply (3pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Ultra Desktop Amp[/size]
[size=11pt]Desktop Amp (3pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Portable Desktop Amp (2pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Portable Micro Amp (2pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Micro Amp (2pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Micro DAC (2pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Total BitHead (3pc.)[/size]
[size=11pt]Total AirHead[/size]

[size=11pt]HeadCase[/size]
[size=11pt]GigaBag[/size]

[size=11pt]Miscellaneous:[/size]
[size=11pt]Wadia 861 SE[/size]
[size=11pt]Sony CD player[/size]
[size=11pt]Toshiba DVD player[/size]
[size=11pt]iPad[/size]
[size=11pt]iPod Classis[/size]
[size=11pt]iPod Touch[/size]
[size=11pt]Dell Inspiron Notebook[/size]
[size=11pt]Dell Netbook (2pc.)[/size]

[size=11pt]Lots of various cables.[/size]

Oct 11, 2010 at 1:32 AM Post #51 of 80
Gear I'm bringing to RMAF:

- Arcam FMJ CD36 < SPL Auditor < Beyerdynamic T1
- laptop PC < Arcam rDac < Schiit Asgard < Audeze LCD-2 and Audio-Technica AD2000

I checked the exhibitor list again recently and saw that Schiit Audio will also be there, right in the Head-Fi room. Will definitely have to check out the Valhalla.

Oct 11, 2010 at 2:06 AM Post #52 of 80

Quote:
I'll be there like last year, this time with my Nuforce CDP-8 and Macbook > PWD > WES and ZDT, plus about 8 headphones. (HD800, LCD-2, HE-5, HE-5 LE, LA7000, O2 Mk1, HE60, Jade). I may also bring the new SS eXStatA with SR-Lambda.  

If the Apple TV's jitter problem is gone with the PWD I might use that instead of the Macbook.  I pre-ordered a PS Audio Bridge in June which might arrive on time, but I'm unclear about the requirements for the network server/HD, and I worry that if I supply an old iPhone for the remote control that it will disappear.  

About a month ago I bought our tickets and t-shirts and booked the same room that I had last year, to stay Friday night and Saturday night.  I'm bringing my son, HeadFanatic, so I can't leave Colorado Springs until he gets out of school Friday.  But I hope to be there in time to set up my gear Friday before dinner, and have dinner with many of you guys.

Still bringing the PWD > ZDT and WES.  My Netgear Stora NAS was serving songs from albums in the wrong order via PS Audio TagNPlay iPhone software, so I'll likely be using a Macbook with iTunes > optical or USB into the PWD, instead of using the PS Audio Bridge with a spare iPhone as controller (plus I wont have my usual wifi network at RMAF).  I'll also have the Nuforce CDP-8 hooked up via coaxial as an available transport.  I know that I'll bring the HD800, HE-5 LE, LCD-2, O2 Mk1 and HE60.  My son will want to bring his HF-2 and HD600.  The Jade were sold, and the older original HE-5 were discontinued so I'm not bringing those anymore.  The LA7000 may or may not be coming - too many phones on the table might be too much, and I'm not sure there is a big demand to hear them.

I might still bring the 160Gb Apple TV with lossless music, but everything is still packed up from the August Colorado meet and I never got around to testing the ATV with the PWD yet.  The Apple TV's optical output jitter was noticeable with the PS Audio DLIII DAC at RMAF last year, but I suspect the PWD would do a better job.  Has anyone here tried Apple TV optical out into the PS Audio PWD yet?

I'd have enough source outputs to bring a couple of extra amps like WA6, EF5 or eXStatA, but I'm trying to travel light.  So, I'm undecided about bringing those amps.  If I did bring one I might narrow it down to the eXStatA, with a pair of SR-Lambda to go with it, or the WA6.  Or I could bring the SRD-7 Mk2 transformer and connect it to the ZDT speaker outputs.

Oct 13, 2010 at 2:56 AM Post #54 of 80
I didn't realize RMAF was coming up so soon. I doubt there'd be tickets still available and I work that evening anyway :/ Oh well, maybe next year.

Oct 13, 2010 at 3:39 AM Post #55 of 80

Quote:
I didn't realize RMAF was coming up so soon. I doubt there'd be tickets still available and I work that evening anyway :/ Oh well, maybe next year.

It's a 3 day event, not just one night.  And I'm sure tickets are available, just not hotel rooms there.

Oct 13, 2010 at 7:26 AM Post #56 of 80
Oct 13, 2010 at 10:15 AM Post #57 of 80
We're hitting the road in a few minutes.  See you guys there.

Oh, and we'll be doing some video blogging of the show for those of you that can't make it:
http://www.headphone.com/pages/rmaf

Oct 13, 2010 at 12:25 PM Post #58 of 80
 . And Jerry is bringing the connector. Will post the gear line up later today once I get out from under the pile    Can a local Headfi'er bring a soldering iron? I have to do a last minute Balanced Silver Dragon IEM JH Audio Headphone cable for the jh-3a dsp amp. Jerry is bringing the connector I need. Will post our line up tonight once I get all packed up for the trip.

Moon Audio Stay updated on Moon Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/MoonAudio/ https://twitter.com/MoonAudio https://instagram.com/moonaudio https://www.moon-audio.com/ https://www.youtube.com/@moon-audio sales@moon-audio.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back