Cancelled: San Francisco Head-Fi Meetup 2022/23: Saturday, January 28, 2023
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nov 20, 2022 at 12:24 PM Post #16 of 32
@Thunder240, I used to visit the Rockridge market hall often when I worked nearby. Great coffee at Highwire. Although my hope is to keep it in SF, I'll keep Rockridge in mind as a viable alternative. Thanks for the great suggestion.

@kartk, thanks for the discord link. I've never used discord, but know folks who use it when gaming. I use Slack at the moment.

If I organize a meet-up, it'd be great to coordinate with your group. The more attendees the merrier. If you're intersted, PM me and we can discuss.

Dec 9, 2022 at 5:13 PM Post #19 of 32
Dec 9, 2022 at 6:21 PM Post #20 of 32
Hi @Thunder240,
Sorry for the delay; got distracted with work. I'm planning for January.

I'm trying to reserve the meeting room at the Ingleside library branch (by City College) for one of those Saturdays.

If that falls through, I'll just have it in my home, like I did in 2019. (My street has ample free parking and is only 2 blocks from the SF State MUNI rail stop.)

I'm happy to supply pizza and drinks, if it ends up being at my house.

I'll post when I have a specific date and time.

D

Dec 15, 2022 at 1:59 AM Post #21 of 32
Hi folks.
The only January date I could book is Saturday, January 28, 2023, 12 PM - 5 PM, at the Ingleside Library Branch in San Francisco.

That's the day before the San Jose meet-up (hosted by SF Audio Lodge).

I tried to find an earlier week, so as not to have 2 events so close together, but every other January weekend is booked.

If there's enough people wanting to meet that Saturday, I'll keep the reservation. Otherwise, I'll host it at my house, on Sat, Jan 7.

You can post here or PM me one or the other (or both, if you're willing to attend either date).

D

Dec 15, 2022 at 10:37 AM Post #22 of 32
Hi folks.
The only January date I could book is Saturday, January 28, 2023, 12 PM - 5 PM, at the Ingleside Library Branch in San Francisco.

That's the day before the San Jose meet-up (hosted by SF Audio Lodge).

I tried to find an earlier week, so as not to have 2 events so close together, but every other January weekend is booked.

If there's enough people wanting to meet that Saturday, I'll keep the reservation. Otherwise, I'll host it at my house, on Sat, Jan 7.

You can post here or PM me one or the other (or both, if you're willing to attend either date).

D
Thanks for your ongoing efforts Dmitri. I can attend either date.

Dec 15, 2022 at 6:16 PM Post #23 of 32
Thanks Dimitri! Either date is good for me.

Dec 21, 2022 at 11:51 PM Post #24 of 32
Ok, since I've already reserved it, and folks can make it, we'll have the meet at Saturday, January 28, 2023, 12 PM - 5 PM, at the Ingleside Library Branch in San Francisco. When the time gets closer, I'll create an RSVP/Gear google sheet to track who's coming.

Dec 30, 2022 at 10:28 PM Post #27 of 32
Dec 31, 2022 at 12:52 AM Post #28 of 32
Thanks again for planning this, @DimitriSF!

You're welcome. Looking forward to trying out everyone's gear. Speaking of which, I'll bring the following:

NITSCH Piety amp. Released last month, in a very limited run. A nice little solid-state amp, lauded for its full, tube-like sound.

Yamaha HP-1 vintage headphones. These are the world's first planar magnetic headphones, released in 1976. They still sound decent, even by today's standards. A nice bit of audio history.

May bring some other gear too.

Special thanks to @kartk for selling me the Piety and HP-1's.

Jan 20, 2023 at 9:19 PM Post #29 of 32
I'm going to add a Verite Closed to my gear list. @David A Silva , I couldn't stay away, and bought another set of VC headphones :)
I'm going to bring a bunch of different pads for it. If I remember, you chose the lambskin Auteurs and Universe pads.
If you're curious how the suede Auteurs change the sound, I'll put them on my VC so you can easily AB test the sound.
Also have lambskin and suede BE2 pads that I really like.

Jan 20, 2023 at 10:02 PM Post #30 of 32
I'm going to add a Verite Closed to my gear list. @David A Silva , I couldn't stay away, and bought another set of VC headphones :)
I'm going to bring a bunch of different pads for it. If I remember, you chose the lambskin Auteurs and Universe pads.
If you're curious how the suede Auteurs change the sound, I'll put them on my VC so you can easily AB test the sound.
Also have lambskin and suede BE2 pads that I really like.
Hey @DimitriSF - Surprise surprise! Would love to hear the VC with Suede Auteur Pads. I'll bring the Auteur Classic and my RME.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back