Cancelled for lack of interest.
Jun 27, 2011 at 7:45 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

Happy Camper

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm itching to hear some balanced and higher end DACs to learn what I'm missing. Anyone care to show your solution for digital sources? Timing will be up for discussion until a consensus is found.

I will see what we can come up with and then perhaps a company or two will allow a loaner for exposure if we ask nicely. My thought was to limit the amps for cycling the DACs. If a full meet comes out of this, so much the better.

What say you head fiers?

Jul 12, 2011 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 16
David, just tell me the time and place and I will be there if I have no prior obligations. Its far from high-end, but I got my hands on a Musical Fidelity M1DAC which offers balanced output. I would be happy to share it for the sake of comparison. I would also love to have the opportunity to hear your HE-6's.

Derek

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:11 PM Post #4 of 16
Well, I did ask Jkeny for a loaner but he couldn't afford to. :rolleyes:

I would like to hear his USB/I2S DAC. There are many positive users of his battery powered converters and I've always thought the USB receiver should be part of the DAC input. Conversion to I2S and directly into the DAC chip cuts out a few steps so should be the most pristine way to convert computer audio.

Jul 14, 2011 at 10:13 PM Post #5 of 16
I can bring my Isabellina with the new pro/dac upgrade. Single ended but awesome. Louisville would be good for me.

Jul 15, 2011 at 6:57 PM Post #6 of 16
Subscribing, just because I live in the area (Oxford, OH) 
tongue.gif

Aug 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM Post #7 of 16
OK, it's been a month and little interest for this. I'll leave the thread up a while longer and I wouldn't care if someone else wants to run with sponsoring a meet. Perhaps a change in leadership will bring in more interest.

Aug 19, 2011 at 7:13 AM Post #10 of 16
Hey Now,

I could go for Louisville, then Cincy or Indy. I have a balanced Ref5 -> Roc I could bring.

-
Finest kind,
Chris

Sep 5, 2011 at 6:36 PM Post #12 of 16
Well, looks like Cincy would be the middle point.

Date

For the college gang, how much time does it take to settle in?

I'm thinking the end of Sept./beginning of Oct. Saturday or Sunday is fine with me but I'll let you all decide. I'd rather miss college football vs pro but I'm easy.

For those who have come to a meet I've set up knows I use a hospital to accomodate the group. If you guys would rather us get a room at a hotel, I could start looking and we can split the cost. I'd love to host one at my house but my wife has turned it into a dog kennel.

Any other ideas are welcome.

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:14 PM Post #13 of 16
Hey Now,

The last meet at the hospital was fine. I would go for a Saturday. Thanks for doing this again. Looking forward to it.

--
Finest kind,
Chris

Sep 5, 2011 at 9:43 PM Post #14 of 16
I was hoping the guys from Dayton would bring their new DACs in. Duke, Larry and Tom have some of the better new DACs. I know they are busy though so we'll see how it plays out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back