Canare StarQuad , ?
Apr 18, 2006 at 11:42 PM Post #2 of 14
Its good for a cheap, better than stock usage in most circumstances. If recabling headphones, I have experienced much better gains from using the Cardas 4x24.

Apr 19, 2006 at 12:10 AM Post #4 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by mb3k
For mini-mini's is 4-wire cable used (ie. 2 wires for ground), or is 3 sufficient?

Three wires will get you there. Left, Right, Ground.

Apr 19, 2006 at 2:20 AM Post #7 of 14
There is a sticky here, where they use the two blue wires as ground, and the white as signal. Blue apparently has a different dielectric constant which affects the signal. Don't ask me If I can tell a difference though...

EDIT:

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sinbios
It is clarified in the thread that this only affects PVC, which is not used for the dielectric in the Canare Starquad. Misinformation like this should be editted in the original post by the poster or a have a note added by a mod :/

Sorry bout that.

Apr 19, 2006 at 3:12 AM Post #8 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
I bought mine from Drew at moon audio.

i thought i read somewhere that drew stopped selling this cable in bullk. i may be wrong

Apr 19, 2006 at 4:52 AM Post #9 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by civilmonkey
There is a sticky here, where they use the two blue wires as ground, and the white as signal. Blue apparently has a different dielectric constant which affects the signal. Don't ask me If I can tell a difference though...

It is clarified in the thread that this only affects PVC, which is not used for the dielectric in the Canare Starquad. Misinformation like this should be editted in the original post by the poster or a have a note added by a mod :/

Apr 19, 2006 at 1:19 PM Post #10 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by bulls
i thought i read somewhere that drew stopped selling this cable in bullk. i may be wrong

I ordered form him about a week ago for 6 feet of 4x24.

Apr 19, 2006 at 10:53 PM Post #13 of 14
Quote:

Originally Posted by jbloudg20
It is MUCH better than Canare, but at a sever price increase. It is Cardas wire, afterall. I htink the 6 feet cost me about $50 shipped.

What makes it that much better. There is no way I can justify paying that much for just wire: without the connectors, sleeving, heat shrink, etc

Apr 20, 2006 at 12:21 AM Post #14 of 14
All that I can say, is that it needs to be heard. I had some Starquad on my K340's, and they were EXTREMELY bass-heavy. I recabled with the Cardas, and now the high end is much more full and lively. The bass is more controlled and punchier. Detail has also improved a bit. To me, the cable is 100% worth the extra cost.

I also used Vampire XLR's, so my total cost on the cable is about $80, and worth every penny.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back