Canare L-4E6S Star Quad - 1/4 To 1/8 AUX TRS Cable (Made In Japan!)
Jun 15, 2020 at 9:54 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

StarTreker

500+ Head-Fier
For those who did not see my thread on my recent experience with a RapcoHorizon cable, can have a look here...
RapcoHorizon Cable Thread

FYI: That cable was made in the USA too, its written on the cable itself, well you know, its USA, total mess. LOL

Alright guys, here we go again, attempt #2 :rolling_eyes:

So this time I ordered from this site...
Canare L-4E6S Star Quad - 1/4 To 1/8 AUX TRS Cable (Made In Japan!)
d15-2.jpg

So yeah, as you can see from the writing on the cable, in their stock photo, Made In Japan. All the best cables are made in Japan. Its just not easy to find a site that sells those cables, Amazon is spotty at best in finding said cables. It cost me 22 dollars to order that, not bad.

• 6.35mm(M) to 3.5mm(M) Stereo Canare L-4E6S Audio Cable, 1pc
  • Purely handmade craftwork, genuine material and solid substance
  • Cable: Canare L-4E6S Star Quad, 95% coverage braided shield, exceptional RFI and EMI protection
  • Connector: Pailiccs Gold-plated 3.5mm(1/8") TRS Jack, ROXTONE Gold-plated 6.35mm(1/4") TRS Jack
  • Solder: Lead free, Rosin Core with 3% Silver, 0.5% Copper and Tin
So, I am hoping for the best on this one. I have no doubt this is going to be a long wait again. But if the cable truly is made in Japan, then I'd say my chances are good, that the cable, and connectors, will be in perfect working condition. Cross your fingers.

EDIT: 06/17/20

I just got a shipping notification from Ghentaudi that my new cable has shipped. They mentioned that due to the situation with Covid-19, it could take between 45 to 70 days to get here. In my experience, that is pretty much the normal wait time for an item coming from a China seller anyways so ya.

Last edited:
Jul 3, 2020 at 8:54 PM Post #2 of 2
Well guys, its been a long wait, but my cable finally got here!
IMG_1956.JPG

Look at this comparison photo, you can clearly tell the difference in size between the 24-gauge Raptor Horizon cable, vs the 22-gauge Canare Star Quad cable.
IMG_1957.JPG

Cable made in Japan!
IMG_1958.JPG

1/4" connector...
IMG_1959.JPG

1/8 connector...
IMG_1961.JPG

This is the moment where you find out just how crazy I am. So, this cable is excellent quality, so are the connectors. However, the 1/8 cable didn't allow me to get the plug into the jack far enough to snap in. So how did I solve that issue? I took it to the grinder of course. Cue the Hip Hop music please. The plug didn't fit, God it makes me sick, I took it to the grinder, now it fit. HAHA :rage:
IMG_1964.JPG

This connector wasn't as bad as the one on the Rapco Horizon cable though, the Rapco Horizon 1/8 connector didn't want to work at all unless moderate pressure was applied to one side. This connector works in most positions and pressure doesn't need to be applied to make connection. My only issue, was the connector not recessed enough to allow it to click in. But I am bad to the bone, a little grind, connector weight reduction engaged, HAHA connector solid click on now.

This cable sounds amazing!!! Truly its way better then the super thin Ivanky cable! Yes, beings this cable is this think, you will most certainly notice it on you and against your should. But let me ask you something, do you want to hear details that you never heard before? Then throw away that thin cable you bought on Amazon, and get yourself a Canare Star Quad. This is the sound that I was looking for, I am quite pleased. Ohhhh, and if you are a basshead? This cable will bring you bass happiness. :L3000:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back