Canalphones similar in quality to PX100s
Feb 13, 2005 at 7:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Kurashima

Head-Fier
I've been using PX100s for a while now which were, along with the Portapros, my first forray into a more audiophile quality sound. Now I'm getting interested in purchasing a set of canal phones for their noise isolation, both for a closed type music sound and to prevent leakage, something the PX100s are on the opposite spectrum of. Having been introduced to good sounding headphones after years of bad ones, I don't think I can go back now.

I'm wondering if there are any non-expensive (at most $100 Canadian, or about $70-$80 American) canal phones which give you a similar quality, especially in terms of detail, to the PX100s. They don't have to be quite as good, but still up there. I've heard the Sony Fontopias, particularly the mdr-ex51s, have quite boomy bass. Are they much worse than the Portapros in this regard? I don't know if I can afford the Shure E2s, which from what I've read sound pretty good for me. All I need is closed typed phones with minimal leakage (complete isolation isn't necessary) with good sound. Any help?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back