Canalphone suggestion.
Feb 10, 2005 at 6:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 32

Blitzula

Headphoneus Supremus
I've never bought sub $100 canalphones, and a friend needs a pair. He isn't picky with music at all, so anything that sounds decent will satisfy him.

Here are his requirements:

1. He wants a canalphone with deep isolation.
2. He'll use it while biking, in one ear only.
3. He'll spend up to $50.

Any suggestions?

Feb 10, 2005 at 7:16 PM Post #3 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
I've never bought sub $100 canalphones, and a friend needs a pair. He isn't picky with music at all, so anything that sounds decent will satisfy him.

Here are his requirements:

1. He wants a canalphone with deep isolation.
2. He'll use it while biking, in one ear only.
3. He'll spend up to $50.

Any suggestions?

Using in 1 ear is going to sound like crap. I suggest he spend next to nothing then because nothing will sound very good using 1 ear.

Feb 10, 2005 at 8:56 PM Post #5 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by Blitzula
So the Sonys go deep into the ear, like an Ety/Shure would?

not quite as deep, but theyre more comfortable and still isolate.
i use my ex71's in one ear only sometimes, while riding my bike (dont want to get killed in DC traffic), and they work fine. A good thing is the sony's can be picked up at best buy, although it's cheaper to get them online.

Feb 10, 2005 at 9:33 PM Post #8 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by EdipisReks
i don't think that, in this case, the potentially better sound quality of the MD33 is going to matter much.

Probably not, but if you're going to spend $50 anyway, shouldn't you at least spend it on the best you can get for $50 regardless of how you're going to use (in this case, it's more like not use) it?

Anyway... you're right about it not really matter much in terms of sound quality for his particular use.

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:32 PM Post #9 of 32
ex51 or 71 if your friend like boomy bass
biggrin.gif

Feb 10, 2005 at 11:43 PM Post #12 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by frankcent
e2c/e2s.. they are cheap and sound good. the sony low end earphones have harsh highs and bad mids..

for under $50?

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:05 AM Post #13 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by lindrone
Probably not, but if you're going to spend $50 anyway, shouldn't you at least spend it on the best you can get for $50 regardless of how you're going to use (in this case, it's more like not use) it?

sure, but that's why i posted a link for ex51's for $32 shipped
wink.gif

Feb 11, 2005 at 12:10 AM Post #14 of 32
Biking with canalphones is scary and incredibly stupid. I have tried it and while it is an interesting experience I would likely be dead if I did it regularly.

I can listen to some things through 1 ear, but canalphones no. It is just too odd.

How about something like Grado SR60s? They would be safer to ride with.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back