Canal tips for my HJe50
Mar 18, 2005 at 6:46 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

jirou

New Head-Fier
Alrighty, I'm pretty satisfied with my HJE50s for now, but the comfort level is kind of tricky. The small canal tips are great, but they're a little too small and start to slip out after a while. The mediums stay it great, but they're kind of too big and hurt after a while. I'm wondering what are the sizes of other canal tips(EX71, MD33, etc) in relation to the HJE50s. Are perhaps the small EXxx tips slightly bigger than the HJE50s? I know it's somewhat of an unreasonable request, but if anyone has any input, I would appreciate it!
orphsmile.gif

Mar 18, 2005 at 7:47 AM Post #2 of 5
The Sony tips are a different size than the Sharp tips (the Sharp tips are a bit smaller), but I don't know how either of them compare to the size of the HJE50 tips.

Mar 18, 2005 at 7:54 AM Post #3 of 5
I think you should give it a couple weeks with the medium tips. Your ear canals probably just need to get used to them. Soon they will be comfortable.

Mar 19, 2005 at 6:47 PM Post #4 of 5
Hi jirou

The tips for the HJE50 and EX-71 are identical in size.

Btw, I find that I can get a proper seal with the medium and even the big tips without pushing them too far in -- just enough to feel the isolation and the "thud" when I tap on them with my fingers.

And as Jmmmmm said, you may get more used to them after a while.

Cheers

Mar 19, 2005 at 9:15 PM Post #5 of 5
Hey, thanks plato. I actually just tried using the large tips and they fit suprisingly well!! They slip right in and the isolation is way better than the small or medium. Not only that, they don't even hurt! Weird! I think the sound is better too
600smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back