Canal phones for Creative Zen Touch
Jan 17, 2005 at 10:40 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

jacquer

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for canal phones for my zen touch. I listen mainly to rock and industrial music (NIN, Tool, Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, etc.;d). I can spend only about 120 euros. What would you recommend me? maybe er-6i or e3c would be a good decision??What would be a better choice for that kind of music; the Etys or the Shures??

Jan 17, 2005 at 10:42 PM Post #2 of 13
Look in the "New to "nice" Headphone scene... need some travelling 'phones." topic. Shure's are musical and Ety's are analytical.

Jan 17, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #4 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquer
I'm looking for canal phones for my zen touch. I listen mainly to rock and industrial music (NIN, Tool, Alice in Chains, Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Pearl Jam, etc.;d). I can spend only about 120 euros. What would you recommend me? maybe er-6i or e3c would be a good decision??What would be a better choice for that kind of music; the Etys or the Shures??

For a Zen Touch, Ety ER6i are great (with "Pop" EQ for example)... i dislike Shure E3C for it...Zen Touch have good bass unlike Ipod so you can benefit Ety's clarity without lack of groove...

Jan 17, 2005 at 11:33 PM Post #7 of 13
I currently have E2c's paired with my Zen Xtra, and I love it. I listen to more or less the same kind of music, so I've taken advantage of the Zen's EQ settings by beefing up the higher frequencies (very dark without any EQ) and the bass (it's fine without EQ, but I'm a basshead so more is better). I've never compared Ety's to Shure's, but I know that with proper EQ the Shure's sound signature is great for rock/metal.

Jan 17, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #10 of 13
The er-4p's and e5c's are definitely too expensive becouse i live in Europe so i can only talk about er-6i/e3c. so generally, the shures have got stronger bass?and what about the highs?

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:24 AM Post #12 of 13
Exactly my set up! Zen touch and e3c, did you recieved them yet? I am getting my e3c this friday, and I can wait.

Feb 24, 2005 at 3:46 AM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by jacquer
The er-4p's and e5c's are definitely too expensive becouse i live in Europe so i can only talk about er-6i/e3c. so generally, the shures have got stronger bass?and what about the highs?

I think the shure's are better for Rock, specially since you can Equalize them (according to some members EQ shures sound close to E5). I dislike the Etys as they sound too thin, compared to the E3s. I however like Etys detail.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back