Canadian users: heads-up about canada post.
Jul 17, 2003 at 5:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

heeeraldo

100+ Head-Fier
My father (who is a package sorter) mentioned that their collective agreement was up, and that talks were not very productive, so a strike is more likely every day.

as well as regular mail, canada post also handles XPressPost (no HeadSave amps), and Purolator Courier(nothing from AudioCubes.)

I can't find any news stories, but that's largely because it won't get covered until something happens.

Jul 18, 2003 at 12:41 AM Post #3 of 10
the deadline is 12:05 friday morning. as for it not being reported, i don't think you're looking that hard. it's all over tv news .. newspapers and news websites like cbc, ctv, canoe.ca etc.
unfortunately for the postal workers, they don't have the same bargaining power they did in the seventies and eighties due to the advent of courier services and the internet. that's why i think that if there isn't a deal tonight, then a strike won't last long. but hey... i could be wrong..

Jul 18, 2003 at 7:46 AM Post #5 of 10
crap i just sent a money order to the states today...AND IT MISSED TODAYS PICKUP.

next pick up isn't until 2pm tommorrow, but i guess the strike will happen before then.
frown.gif

will mail coming from the USPS be stuck too?

Jul 18, 2003 at 6:19 PM Post #6 of 10
Quote:

Originally posted by jlo mein
will mail coming from the USPS be stuck too?

Heh.. well, once it hits CanadaPost jurisdiction, that's where it'll stop and sit around.
wink.gif

UPS and FedEx are your (expensive) friends!

I, like the rest of you, hope that this doesn't last too long, as I've got a few items en route to Canada.. it'll kinda suck if everything stops...

Jul 19, 2003 at 3:00 AM Post #7 of 10
well i'm not trying to offend anybody, but i personally think a strike is not a good move.

Canada Post does not sit well with the canadian populace, what with all the complaints they get already, and a strike could only make things worse.

Or is a strike good? Cuz of what i just said that would make the managment or whatever of canada post try to make a better deal with the workers?

gah politics is hard...
rolleyes.gif

Jul 19, 2003 at 3:02 AM Post #8 of 10
I got mail today.
smily_headphones1.gif

Biggie.

Jul 19, 2003 at 9:16 PM Post #10 of 10
Just a note to let everyone know that "Headsave" has alternative shipping. I have been watching the situation carefully and will not use again until agreement has been reached. "have no fear
tigger is here"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back