Canadian Head-Fiers
Nov 29, 2008 at 2:12 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

mcspectre

Head-Fier
Where do you all get your headphones? I mean i bought a pair of V-modas online and was able to get some Senn PX100s from newegg.ca for 40$shipped, and just recently my v-modas broke and i'm looking for a new pair of IEM for myself (around 150$) and a pair of IEMs for my nephew around 40-50$.

I've been having alot of trouble finding good prices and places that ship to Canada, and im too worried about receiving fakes (Sennheisers mostly) from ebay.

Either way, We're both into bass heavy music, and i'm particularly loving the sound of the Senns PX100 once they're amped, can i get that in an IEM? without amp? Any suggestions for me and my nephew?

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:15 AM Post #2 of 9
You might wanna pay a visit to the FS forums. Im Canadian and everything I get is from the US. Either eat the duty charges and border tax, or get the seller to declare your item as a gift. Unethical? Maybe, but it never stopped a low-life like me
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 2:24 AM Post #4 of 9
there is also marcopolo.ca

I also buy like everything from the forums from the States, I request the same as the above...lol

It just makes things easier and faster to get to me even though it is wrong...

Nov 29, 2008 at 10:40 AM Post #6 of 9
in toronto (and montreal) --> moog audio (well known especially for pro audio and dj equipment. the one in TO has an excellent and knowledgeable staff, if you ask they will let you test drive any headphone before you buy (even if it means to take it out of a brand new package) i got my audio-technica ath-es7 there)

in toronto --> bay bloor radio (excellent store, carries all major brands such as UE, AKG, Sennheiser, Grado, Denon, Shure etc... I picked up my UE Super.fi 5 eb there, my roommate and i both purchased one so they dropped the price to 179$ instead of 199$)

canada wide --> futureshop also carries some UE stuff (got my Super.fi 4vi there), Shure, Bose
--> apple store (online/brick and mortar) -> they carry v modas and other third party consumer headphones

if time isn't a factor, check out earphonesolutions.com. they're having a huge sale and standard shipping is free (and you may not even get charged customs fee)

hope it helps
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 29, 2008 at 9:17 PM Post #7 of 9
I'm in Edmonton and I get everything I need from The Gramophone. These guys are great. Try them out if you're in Edmonton. And no, i don't work for them :p

Nov 30, 2008 at 4:46 AM Post #8 of 9
Hi, anyone knows where I can buy an ER4P IEM here in Calgary?

Thanks!

Nov 30, 2008 at 5:04 AM Post #9 of 9
I just buy stuff from the US. A lot of times a seller only ships to the US, such as Amazon, so i just get stuff shipped to my friends who live in Seattle and they send it on to me.

For you, Atrio M5. For your nephew, Denon c551.

I would do what the others suggest when buying from US sellers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back