Canadian: Grado SR60 for 150$ or Senns HD497 for 72$
Nov 8, 2005 at 5:01 AM Post #31 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by warpdriver
Really? I find that hard to believe since Grado doesn't allow other dealers to ship to Canada. Except the HF-1 of course.

im not 100% sure, i remember reading it in another thread.

maybe it was JUST for the HF-1s. if thats the case, my bad.

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:22 AM Post #32 of 43
I forgot to add that "Home of the Audiophile" will match prices with stores in the GTA. They can get any Grado headphone in as well.

Nov 8, 2005 at 5:37 AM Post #33 of 43
Did I hear SR60's at HiFi Centre for $80? I call them and they say they're $150 and that "they can work something out", so I went there yesterday, and they said that they're $120. The SR80's are $190
confused.gif

I want to get a pair of SR60's ASAP, in fact, I was planning to get em for $120 on Wednesday.

Does anyone have any suggestions on where I can get them for a better deal? It's just that after exchange rate, shipping, duties, I thought it would work out to be about $100, which isn't worth it considering I could walk 2 min to HiFi Centre and have em safe in my hands right away
rs1smile.gif

Have any Canadians here dealt with TTVJ before and know the costs?

Nov 8, 2005 at 6:50 AM Post #34 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
im not 100% sure, i remember reading it in another thread.

maybe it was JUST for the HF-1s. if thats the case, my bad.

Todd will not sell Grado's to Canada as per Grado's request.

It occurs to me that perhaps we Canadians should email Grado en masse and ask why we Canadians have to pay so much more for our headphones than Americans?

Nov 8, 2005 at 7:36 AM Post #35 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Clutz
Todd will not sell Grado's to Canada as per Grado's request.

It occurs to me that perhaps we Canadians should email Grado en masse and ask why we Canadians have to pay so much more for our headphones than Americans?

Because you're a damn Canadian!!!
basshead.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:35 PM Post #37 of 43
Thanks all, so I'll guess it's just coming to the choise between MS-1 against HD497/EH350! 30CAD is not much of a diffrence. Do you know place in Toronto (preferably North..) where these can be audiotioned? "Home of audiophile" seems to have Grado only
frown.gif

Ah, and also I've seen here some people have ear pain/problems with Grado's. Someone with MS-1 experience has an opinion?

Nov 8, 2005 at 1:53 PM Post #38 of 43
Probably the only way to audition them is to go to a head-fi meet /or find somebody who owns one. Other than that, the SR60 is a good approximation of the sound (but not as good)

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:57 PM Post #39 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by vyusseem
Thanks all, so I'll guess it's just coming to the choise between MS-1 against HD497/EH350! 30CAD is not much of a diffrence. Do you know place in Toronto (preferably North..) where these can be audiotioned? "Home of audiophile" seems to have Grado only
frown.gif

Ah, and also I've seen here some people have ear pain/problems with Grado's. Someone with MS-1 experience has an opinion?

Bay-Bloor Radio *might* have some of the other headphones. I know they have Sennheisers and Grados - but I haven't been there in a while, so YMMV (incidentally, Bay-Bloor Radio is at Bay and Bloor in the basement of the Manulife Centre)

Cheers,
Clutz

Nov 9, 2005 at 4:45 AM Post #40 of 43
MasZakrY, thanks again for the info on "Home of the Audiophile" - very nice shop with very nice and friendly people!

I've been there today and listened to SR-60 quite a lot, comparing them to my old HD437. I took Miles's "Kind of blue" and Led Zeppelin II.

As expected HD437 lost everywere, but I can't say that SR60 has won
frown.gif
Call me death, but 437 EQed was not as detailed but still very enjoyable, more mild and less fatiguing. I guess I like more Sennheiser sound! And for now I'll spend the money on music! Or maybe .... Pedro's btmusic anyone?

Me vs Upgraditis: 1-0
icon10.gif

Thank you very much.

Nov 9, 2005 at 5:08 AM Post #42 of 43
vyusseem, no problem. Unfortunately they ONLY have the SR-60's for auditioning (and only have Grado's, period). They always seem to pull out the tube amp and try to get people to buy that too
rs1smile.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back