Canadian: Grado SR60 for 150$ or Senns HD497 for 72$
Nov 8, 2005 at 2:33 AM Post #16 of 43
I think I got mine (sr 60's) for around 80$ cdn from Hifi Centre in vancouver, so like most are saying, I too think you can find a better deal.

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:41 AM Post #17 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by smirnoff04
I think I got mine (sr 60's) for around 80$ cdn from Hifi Centre in vancouver, so like most are saying, I too think you can find a better deal.

That is a great price!

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:51 AM Post #18 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by smirnoff04

Well, if they still havec them at that price - I think I'll be $80 poorer this weekend.

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #19 of 43
I'd recommend that you confirm that price. It was quite a long time ago so... you know.
blink.gif

Here is the website POW!!!

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:14 AM Post #20 of 43
Hmm. well - I'll email them. They don't have any prices on their website (I hate how hi fi sites never give prices).

I am getting hungry

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:37 AM Post #22 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by sonick
actually, grado allows TTVJ to ship to canada.

Really? I find that hard to believe since Grado doesn't allow other dealers to ship to Canada. Except the HF-1 of course.

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:38 AM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon.
I got brand new sr60's for 81$ total from ebay. Hold out and find a better deal.

I should say I'm in Atlantic Canada.

Is eBay generally reliable for headphones? Because if so, why do people even bother ordering from online headphone retailers, considering how cheap things are on eBay?

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:40 AM Post #24 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by agile_one
Can't believe the SR60's are that high. Have you checked with TTVJ to see if he ships to Canada, and for how much. At current exchange, should be $80 CDN or less.

At that, they (SR60's) are the ones I would take.

Yes, they are that high. SR-60's are MSRP $129 CAD. Completely ridiculous IMHO. It made sense when our dollar was trading at 1.5:1 USD but these days, it doesn't make sense. To make matters worse, of course Grado has asked all other dealers to not ship to Canada.

If TTVJ allows it, that's a seriously good loophole

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:49 AM Post #25 of 43
Why are you addnig Ontario sales tax to the price of MS-1's? It isn't bought in Ontario, so sales tax doesn't apply. Unless you know for a fact you'll be hit with duties, I don't know about that.

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:50 AM Post #26 of 43
About the ebay thing, I'm not sure, but I paid using my visa through paypal, so I wasn't under much worry. The headphones came in a brand new sealed box with all the papers inside, and they sound fantastic. I suppose it all depends.

Nov 8, 2005 at 3:57 AM Post #27 of 43
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zeratul
Why are you addnig Ontario sales tax to the price of MS-1's? It isn't bought in Ontario, so sales tax doesn't apply. Unless you know for a fact you'll be hit with duties, I don't know about that.

You pay GST and PST on everything you import. And then duties if any (usually none), and a $5 processing fee. http://www.canadapost.ca/tools/pg/manual/b06-e.asp

So the cost of the MS-1's to Ontario would be around $150 shipped to your door after all fees. This is a way better deal than buying the SR-60's or SR-80's here in Canada.

Nov 8, 2005 at 4:14 AM Post #29 of 43
Sorry, my bad.

senns HD497 on ecost were REFURBISHED, which brings me to this options:

Senn HD497 for 111
Senn EH350 for 105
Alessandro MS-1 for 140.

* All in CAD including everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back