Canada Post tracking system question
Oct 13, 2009 at 4:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nor_spoon

Headphoneus Supremus
Waiting for a package which supposedly was sent on October 9th with Canada Post Priority International. As far as I know this is their premium shipping method.

Still, today the 13th, it says they can not find the tracking number I got from the seller in their system.

Anyone with experience from the Canadian postal service and their tracking system?

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:21 PM Post #2 of 4
Well the issue is even though that is their premium shipping method that doesn't mean it left the country before the weekend and Monday was a holiday. The Canada Post tracking sucks I've had stuff arrive at my door when it has said the package was still in another country.

Oct 13, 2009 at 4:56 PM Post #3 of 4
In my experience, if an item is dropped off at a post office, it will generally show up in the system late the same evening (this is what I tell buyers). I suppose you may have to make some allowance for the long weekend, but it should have been business as usual until Monday. Have you asked your seller about this? If it does show up today, check the date it was actually dropped off.

Tracking on Priority/Express packages between the US and Canada is pretty good nowadays. I can generally tell when a package is going to arrive a day or two in advance, which is pretty handy, and an enormous improvement for Priority. Here is an example of a recent Priority package I received.

P.S. is the package coming by XpressPost or Expedited Parcel?

Oct 13, 2009 at 5:23 PM Post #4 of 4
Thanks for your answers.

Bob_McBob: Not sure, all I know is that there was an issue with PayPal and Expresspost for international shipping, so the seller chose Priority instead.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back