can you weigh in on the sonic identifiers between JH11 and JH13/16?
Jan 17, 2014 at 6:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

nickdelvecchio

New Head-Fier
I'm getting some JHaudio CIEMS within the next few weeks, and i'm trying to figure out if it's that much of a jump between the JH11s and the JH13s - If I'm going with the 13s, i'll probably just jump up to the 16s for an extra 50 bucks. What are the clear differences between them? sound stage, clarity, etc. Ive seen a couple other threads that are similar, but I don't see a clear description between them. sorry if I missed one!

Jan 18, 2014 at 6:41 PM Post #2 of 4
Have not had JH11 but have had JH13 and JH16.  It really depends on your preference.

JH13 has insane speed, detail and transparency.  Has nice sub bass but little mid bass making is a bit clinical sounding.  But a freakish level of detail all the way around.

JH16 adds more mid bass and a little more sub bass making it more lush and fun sounding.  Still has tons of detail, just not the level of JH13.

Everything else is fairly similar between the two.

I prefer the JH16

Jan 18, 2014 at 7:14 PM Post #3 of 4
Spyro's got it right except for preference.
wink_face.gif
 The 18s are too bassy for me and I clearly prefer the 13 including the midbass.
smile.gif
 It's like he said. A matter of preference. If your a  bass head it's 16s all the way and is your a more neutral guy, it's 13s though they have a bit of extra bass below 100hz. They are parallel products one costs more to accommodate the extra 2 bass drivers, The mid and tweeters of the jh13 actually cost a bit more than those on the 16 but that is not a choice parameter.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back