can you use these canal phones when wearing a beanie?
Oct 9, 2004 at 8:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

h3nG

100+ Head-Fier
shures e2c, e3c, e5c?
etys er6/er6i, er4p/s?

having previously owned the etys er4p, i dont think so but not exactly sure...what about the others? thanks!

Oct 9, 2004 at 9:56 PM Post #2 of 10
you can definitely wear the e5's.

the e3's stick out a little, so i would say you might/might not be able to wear them depending on how tight your beanie is.

the e2's (which i have never used) will almost certainly stick out too much to use, as they stick out further than the e3's which already may be too long.

the er-4's...lol, um no you can not wear those with a beanie.

the er6/i's (never used these either) i believe stick out about as much as the e3's, so you might be able to wear these as well. - allow someone who's actually tried these to give you a more certain opinion.

the only canalphone mentioned that gets a "definitely" for your situation would be the e5's.

Oct 9, 2004 at 10:04 PM Post #3 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Toaster22
the e2's (which i have never used) will almost certainly stick out too much to use, as they stick out further than the e3's which already may be too long.

Actually these fit quite well in the recess of the ear and would be fine with a beanie - probably stick out as far from the ear as the E3. The E3s will be fine depending on how far you are happy to insert them!!

EDIT: I tried finding a picture to show this but couldn't, maybe someone else can?

Oct 10, 2004 at 1:47 AM Post #5 of 10
Quote:

Originally Posted by Siang
im not sure how you guys insert your ER4 Etys but with ym ER4P, I can wear a beanie no problem, they dont come out of my ear at all

unless your etys are modded, there is no way they don't stick out...when i wore them they stuck out like 3 inches.

take a picture of yourself with the etys and post it.

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:20 AM Post #6 of 10
I wouldn't concern myself so much with being able to fit snuggly under a beanie as much as falling over and jamming them far enough in to require medical assistance with the removal. I might wear my E5's on the slopes since they are angled so that the drivers are snug in the shell of my ear and not angled to stab farther towards my brains but I'll probably use my e888's for peace of mind. That, and I'll be able to hear my friends and maybe even the occasional avalanche.
icon10.gif

Another option you might entertain might be some of the less costly CP's like the EX51/71's or the MD-33's.

edit: I blame my bad spelling on the oxygen.

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:29 AM Post #8 of 10
yeah the er4p's will stick out but if you do the mod, they'll probly work out fine. As for the statement about the e2c's sticking out more than the e3c's, thats false. The e2c's barely stick out that much and you will definitely be able to wear a beanie with it. They stick out less than the er4s plus they are round and not pointy like the er4s are.

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:45 AM Post #9 of 10
Here is a pic of the ER-4S so you can see for yourself...
DSC01813.jpg

And also, here are the E2's that I used to have...
me.jpg

If you ask me, both are beanie-worthy!

edit: If you are considering the E5's, I highly recommend you look at the Westone UM2....do a search and I think you'll be happy at what it turns up
etysmile.gif

Oct 10, 2004 at 5:57 AM Post #10 of 10
yeah i just ordered some as some of u may know. I will let you guys know how it sounds once they come next week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back