Can you use the perfectwave DAC with with computers USB?
Oct 14, 2010 at 1:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

dudefromearth

Head-Fier
At present I plug my HD800s into my Matrix M-Stage Amp, from the amp 2 RCA cables into the Nuforce uDAC and finally USB from the Nuforce uDAC into the USB Port of my comp.

I am thinking of getting the perfectwave DAC and was wondering if it can work with a configuration like that.

PS: I know USB might not be worth it at that price, I am going to switch to coaxial using a converter but I will be using USB for the first few months.

Oct 16, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #6 of 17

Quote:
I am not sure of the terms. What I want to know is would the perfectwave take RCA cables from the amp, and output to the comp via USB?

No, it's USB port is for input into the PWD, and it does not output through USB into other devices.  It's DAC, not an ADC.

Oct 16, 2010 at 3:34 PM Post #8 of 17

I think everyone is confused by what you are asking. Are you trying to do recording or just listen to music???
The Ref-7 does not output digital, as far as I know.
Quote:
What would be the best DAC that can input to a computer? Or through a spdif converter (like the EVO)

I know of the Reference 7, but what is a step up from that?

Oct 16, 2010 at 7:38 PM Post #10 of 17

then yes, the Perfectwave can connect via USB to your computer and play music. It will also accept coaxial if you get a converter
Quote:
Listen to music. I would be using USB and possibly Coaxial through a spdif converter.

Oct 17, 2010 at 9:33 AM Post #12 of 17
dudefromearth:  the USB is an input only for the PWD.  The reason why HPA said that you couldn't because you first asked if the PWD can output into the computer which it cannot.  The USB on the PWD is an input, taking a signal from the computer and playing music.  It however cannot output from the USB to computer.  

Setup:    Computer --> PWD --> AMP --> Headphones.

Oct 17, 2010 at 4:53 PM Post #13 of 17

Quote:
dudefromearth:  the USB is an input only for the PWD.  The reason why HPA said that you couldn't because you first asked if the PWD can output into the computer which it cannot.  The USB on the PWD is an input, taking a signal from the computer and playing music.  It however cannot output from the USB to computer.  

Setup:    Computer --> PWD --> AMP --> Headphones.

Would it be wise getting an american perfectwave DAC (110 Volts) then using it over here in Ireland/UK. (220 Volts) via a step down transformer?

Oct 18, 2010 at 12:22 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
Would it be wise getting an american perfectwave DAC (110 Volts) then using it over here in Ireland/UK. (220 Volts) via a step down transformer?

I would send an email to PS Audio asking them that.  I personally would not do that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back