can you trust sennheisser cx500 on ebay?
Jul 4, 2008 at 3:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

dansta

New Head-Fier
Most cx500 on ebay are going for <50$ while most retail shops sell them for >100$....are these trustworthy...most of them are being shipped from asia..

Jul 4, 2008 at 4:28 PM Post #2 of 6
Yeah, same i've been looking at the cx500, and the prices are like $50-$120. I also posted a thread about this and I'm staying away since I was told there are a lot of fake sennheiser models out there. So, I'd stay away from that price range and buy at a higher price.

Jul 4, 2008 at 6:57 PM Post #3 of 6
I bought a pair from a seller in singapore. They were good head phones but no better than bose triport around ear headphones.

I do believe they may have been very good fakes.

Stay away from ebay for sennheiser cx earphones

Jul 5, 2008 at 5:21 PM Post #5 of 6
In the past, I owned a pair of genuine CX500. Now I've got fake CX400s. I was astonished by the fact that the fakes are quite well made. Frankly, apart from sound quality only small gaps between earphone's parts indicate that they are fake. Other differences are noticeable only if you have a genuine pair to compare.
After some time Sennheisser's logos stared to fade.
Whole sound is boomy and bloated, and genuine EP630 blows them out of the water.
Summing up, don't bother risking to buy fake, they are worthless (I bought mine for 5$ and they are not worth more than that)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back