Can you store DVD-Audio or SACD on a computer?
Jun 11, 2005 at 10:44 PM Post #16 of 19
Quote:

a custom made device.. we're working on a commercial product that will enable universal players output SACDs and DVD-A digitally in full resolution, something that lots of high-end external DAC owners are waiting for..

Thats a great concept, and already implemented in encrypted transmission protocols such as i-link and HDMI. Glassman, I'm guessing your implentation differs in that there is no encryption, so it can be used with any DAC? Or would this device be for specific universal player models that would need modification?

Quote:

DVD-A to 24-bit wav files is what I want to see. Legally of course.

Only chance of seeing it legally is if you have an unprotected DVD-A, and even then I'm not so sure it's legal due to that pesky DMCA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 11, 2005 at 11:10 PM Post #17 of 19
modification is of course required, it will fit into most any universal player, once firmware is ready for the concrete model, that is.. it's gonna be classical S/PDIF, so that any common DAC can be hooked up to it..

it doesn't matter if the disc is protected using CPPM or not, but rather if it's a commercialy available title with copyright coverage or just some demonstration disc of some sort, freely available..

Jun 11, 2005 at 11:42 PM Post #18 of 19
Quote:

Originally Posted by tschanrm
Only chance of seeing it legally is if you have an unprotected DVD-A, and even then I'm not so sure it's legal due to that pesky DMCA.
smily_headphones1.gif

Yeah, I know. I should've added a snickery smiley face.
biggrin.gif
I don't care if it's legal or not. I just want to be able listen to the hi rez stereo tracks on my DVD-As using my EMU-0404, from the disc or via ripping to wav-to-flac.

Jun 15, 2005 at 4:37 AM Post #19 of 19

Users who are viewing this thread

Back