Can you spot a fake smile?
Oct 18, 2004 at 3:33 PM Post #46 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by Riordan
18/20 and had second thoughts about the two i mistakenly thought to be genuine (had only one other doubt)

some of their models must have had a good time being photographed.. grinning from ear to ear before the video even begins and having a hard time looking serious afterwards...

now for the real question: is this smile real or fake?
smily_headphones1.gif

It's fake but you're smiling inside!

Oct 18, 2004 at 6:56 PM Post #47 of 57
16/20

First two wrong because I didn't realize you could only push the play button once and wasn't really paying attention. I suppose I could draw some parallel to life with this, but I am not in a thinking mood this morning.
smily_headphones1.gif

There were a few that struck me as false, but I figured it was my cynicism so I choose genuine. The only one I got wrong of the stream of four/five that seemed "off" was the old guy. I suppose that should teach me another life lesson.

As for the asian girl. That is the most depressingly pathetic smile I have ever seen. She can have my wrong answer.

Oct 18, 2004 at 9:02 PM Post #48 of 57
19/20

Fourth guy from the end (beard, moustache) was the only one I missed. I looked at the eyes the whole time.

-dd3mon

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:23 AM Post #54 of 57
Quote:

Originally Posted by mbriant
I agree. They asked at the end of the questions what part of the face gives it away and I said "eyes".

Whoa, i said eyes too. I got 12 out of 20. Some of those people looked downright odd though.

Oct 19, 2004 at 12:30 AM Post #55 of 57
15/20. I got three wrong in the first five and two wrong in the last five when I thought about it too much. The middle ten I went through quickly and picked the choice that first came into my head
tongue.gif

Oct 22, 2004 at 3:21 AM Post #56 of 57
16 out of 20 right. Interestingly, I was able to spot all the fake ones. The 4 mistakes I made were thinking the smile was fake when it was genuine.

6 out of 10 in the programmer vs. serial killer one.

Oct 22, 2004 at 5:20 PM Post #57 of 57
14/20. As for that 13th... that's a guy?!
eek.gif
I was under the impression it was a horribly disfigured woman who'd undergone chemo and got a wig from Salvation Army.

I got 7/10 on the Serial Killer vs. Computer Programmer one. My mom reads entirely too many crime and forensic books; guess some of it's rubbed off on me
biggrin.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back