Can you say Ikemi?...
Mar 19, 2004 at 9:27 AM Post #17 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Music Fanatic
Ikemi is a proper noun in Japanese, it is a city in Okinawa and a marsh in Norther Honshu. It is also a common family name in Japan.

Ikemi could also mean "pond watching"...

Mar 19, 2004 at 8:35 PM Post #18 of 38
Post the pics when you get it!
biggrin.gif

-Ed

Mar 19, 2004 at 11:07 PM Post #19 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by Edwood
Post the pics when you get it!
biggrin.gif

-Ed

I will. I should have it by next Tuesday with any sort of luck!
biggrin.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 2:05 AM Post #20 of 38
I have one with a kolektor as pre and it's running actively on 3 LK85s. Very laid back sound. But I would blame the Ninkas. Those speakers are horrid. I shall be selling this whole set up on ebay in the summer as i've decided to go meridian. Have u seen the bloody size of Linn tri wire speaker cable? It puts the lock ness monster to shame!

Currently i'm happy with my Classik

Mar 20, 2004 at 2:13 AM Post #21 of 38
Besides the fact that the Ikemi looks akin to an expensive clock radio, I've always yearned for one really badly.
I reconsidered buying it when I thought of what one might say upon seeing it: "Wow, man, the time on your clock radio is really off." Actually, to be totally honest, I couldn't care less what it looked like, the real reason I don't have one is because it's too damn expensive.
redface.gif

Truly, enjoy the Ikemi. In fact, I entreat you to enjoy it like you would a sexy Japanese woman.
wink.gif

Mar 20, 2004 at 2:43 AM Post #22 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by The Quality Guru
Truly, enjoy the Ikemi. In fact, I entreat you to enjoy it like you would a sexy Japanese woman.
wink.gif

Heh, that would probably make it inoperative.
evil_smiley.gif
Might be interesting to see the faces on the Linn staff when they got it back in for repair though.
eek.gif

Quote:

Originally posted by ROSSOred
I shall be selling this whole set up on ebay in the summer as i've decided to go meridian.

The Meridian gear is top notch, I absolutely love my 588. I considered getting another but decided that I would like a bit more variety.

Mar 23, 2004 at 3:55 AM Post #23 of 38
Wow, it got here and I figured out the proper phonetic pronunciation -> Dam Gud. Love this thing. I'm still at work and I'm using it with my AKG 271s and the Grace 901. This is the first time I've heard the Grace 901 really rock, it's rather laid back with my other sources but not with this one!
wink.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 7:04 AM Post #25 of 38
Heh, sorry Edwood, guess what, the Linn mates even better with the HP-4 than it did with the Grace 901 and is a better source for the Hp-4 than the Meridian 588. Help me, the British have landed and I'm fighting off an incredible barrage of PRAT! Help Me, I'm meltinggggg
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 9:41 AM Post #27 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by stuartr
Just make sure you put some weights on top of it to keep it from blowing away in the next gust of wind...err...I mean to stem vibration...yeah, that's the ticket
very_evil_smiley.gif

LOL, yeah that's about right!
tongue.gif

Mar 23, 2004 at 10:40 PM Post #28 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by gpalmer
Heh, sorry Edwood, guess what, the Linn mates even better with the HP-4 than it did with the Grace 901 and is a better source for the Hp-4 than the Meridian 588. Help me, the British have landed and I'm fighting off an incredible barrage of PRAT! Help Me, I'm meltinggggg
eek.gif
very_evil_smiley.gif
evil_smiley.gif
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

greg,

Are you using Grado 'fones?
biggrin.gif

Ikemi was a great match with RA1, too. I remember I ended up listening all nite long. It was such a fun I could not put 'em down.

Ikemi actually was a better partner for Grado 'fones than a 'bare' Naim CDX2 player. ( another PRAT-y player in a different ways )

Mar 24, 2004 at 12:28 AM Post #29 of 38
Quote:

Originally posted by kuma
greg,

Are you using Grado 'fones?
biggrin.gif

Ikemi was a great match with RA1, too. I remember I ended up listening all nite long. It was such a fun I could not put 'em down.

Ikemi actually was a better partner for Grado 'fones than a 'bare' Naim CDX2 player. ( another PRAT-y player in a different ways )

Yup, I'm using the HP-1s and have a mixed set of Amperexes and Sovteks in the HP-4. It is very, very close to dead on, it is lacking a bit in the high end but nothing really offensive. Interestingly enough, I tried my W2002s with the combo since I thought they would sound really good and they were really terrible.

I have to agree about the sleep thing, I was up till 5 AM listening, this HP-4 has really cost me a lot of sleep!
biggrin.gif

Mar 24, 2004 at 4:46 AM Post #30 of 38
Wow, nice setup! Next step: LP 12!
evil_smiley.gif
I should think that Grados are PRAT-compatible cans....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back