Can you say H - E - A - V - E - N ?
Jun 12, 2005 at 8:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Asterix

Banned
I'm listening to my favorite recording so far in terms of pure sound quality on my speaker system, Joe Pass Virtuoso, solo jazz guitar, and it is pure heaven. My amp handles the recording very well without distorting even at very high volumes and it allows me to really listen to the sound of my system (not to mention Joe Pass! Wow.) Right now I'm using 4 JJ E34L's and a pair of Sylvania GB-5751's for the auxillary output (which gets a signal from a 1212M through a pair of close to pure silver interconnects) of my Luxman amp. A pair of Luminous Audio Rennaisance close to pure copper speaker cables connects the Omega Minuets (full-range paper driver speakers) to the Luxman. This is a warm, luxurious setup if I've ever heard it. You will not find listener fatigue anywhere in this vicinity while I am playing music. It is very warm, very detailed, and extremely spacious and deep. The quality of Pablo jazz recordings are very high, and this album really demonstrates that. It is superflous - clean, detailed, and beautiful. There is definately a synergy between my system and this album. It is almost like a dream come true for me to hear sound this good in my own home; when I close my eyes and relax its like I am there. Really.

Jun 12, 2005 at 9:22 PM Post #2 of 7
enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

Jun 12, 2005 at 10:47 PM Post #3 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
enjoy
smily_headphones1.gif

I am.
smily_headphones1.gif
- after the Joe Pass I went through some Bob Marley, Chet Baker, Dexter Gordon, Frank Sinatra, Carlos Santana, and I wonder what will be next? It's very life-like... not like really being there, but like really being there with the music, with the recording, it's right there, no impurities in the sound. It's all about the midrange and the solo instrumentalist or vocalist, I'm not hearing all the complexities of large band sounds, but the soloists shine through with tons of ease and intimacy. It's my system, and it's done, after all the stress and expenses and research and waiting. I don't plan on changing much for at least a few years now.

Jun 12, 2005 at 11:44 PM Post #5 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Is your setup any better-positioned now?

Yup, since lots of things changed. I realized I was overanalyzing the distortion in the sound and thinking it was messing everything up while missing the whole point, yea, the distortion is there sometimes to a degree, depending on the recording, but it's always musical and you don't even notice it unless you pay attention to it, it's just part of the music. Anyway, since I realized this I just decided to follow Louis' suggestion and put the speakers right on the ground tilted up and thats it. Works great since the bass really interacts with the floor and the bass port is positioned facing it this way, while the drivers are pointing up towards my ears and the room.

BTW - I am now on Pablo Casals Bach Cello Suites and apparently my neighbors love it as they are laughing outside my [open] window.

Jun 13, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #7 of 7
They aren't on the desk, but they are on either side of the computer desk like before, just on the ground titled up. It's not a dedicated listening area with a couch and armchairs, but all I have to do is lower my computer chair, sit back, roll back a little, and its fine. The speakers aren't to the sides of me, they are in front of me but they are toed in.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Aman
Well.. I meant more in terms of your positioning of the speakers.. they aren't to the sides of you anymore, are they? And they aren't on your desk (or anywhere near your computer for that matter
rolleyes.gif
) are they?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back