Can you recommend me a good mobile audio source?
Sep 5, 2017 at 4:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 16

TheBIGKill1998

Head-Fier
Hello,

i lately started working and the more i listen to music with my samsung galaxy s5, the stronger i feel the need for a better quality mobile audio source.

It should be relatively small, good sounding (of course) and all i wish as feature is a function to recognize previously set replay gain tags and adjusting the volume according to them.

The price max are 200 euros.
it is my absolute max.

if you can recommend me any good sources fulfilling my above stated sonic needs, it would be nice if you leave a comment here!

thank you in advance!

Sep 5, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #3 of 16
Fiio x3iii or x3ii

Sep 10, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #8 of 16
Please note that I do not own the Shanling M2s, but have been looking closely at it. nmatheis did a review of it (on YouTube) and it appears that it does have replay gain!! How good it works I don't know, but (generally) only rockboxed players have had it up to now.

I'm interested in this player to act as a transport to my Mojo .... Does replay gain still work when you are using it in digital out mode?

Sep 10, 2017 at 7:57 AM Post #9 of 16
Hey, thank you all for your replies!

I will watch the review you named, @pauls . Im very curious about that player now!

Also i gonna take a closer look at the fiio x1!

Does anyone have any experience how the shanling compares to the fiio x1? Is it a very big difference between both (the price aside)?

Sep 26, 2017 at 9:10 AM Post #11 of 16
If second hand is ok for you ibasso dx50 , if youre lucky you can find the dx90 for that budget, i own both and they are great. 80 ohm is no problem for them( 300ohm is max for dx 50, i use sennheiser hd540 600ohm on my dx90)
I hear good things (dont own it) from fiio x1ii
I

Oct 4, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #12 of 16
I'm having a lot of fun on-the-go with the Sansa Clip+. With rockbox installed, it supports pretty much every format, including flac/cue and opus. Add a 128Gb microsd card (formatted fat32) for plenty of storage. Since they've been discontinued for a while, the price has been going up. At this rate, buying one could be considered an investment. :) Back when I bought mine I paid around $60 new for an 8Gb model. I also picked up a well-fitting silicone sleeve to protect it. Depending on your phones, you might consider a right-angled pigtail so you don't break off the headphone socket during use.

Oct 8, 2017 at 6:07 AM Post #13 of 16
well, after looking for the ibassos on ebay without finding them, i decided to go for the shanling as final decission.

thank you all for your help tho!

also, i found a cheap sansa clip+ on ebay. ill keep an eye on that one aswell.

Oct 18, 2017 at 12:15 PM Post #14 of 16
So, just to share my experience with the shanling after a while of use.... Since now im pretty happy with it... It is such a huge improvement when youre coming from a samsung galaxy s5... Also i like it in combination with by beyerdynamics dt 770 pro 80 ohm very much.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back