Can you recommend good headphones for me...
Apr 17, 2014 at 5:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

christiffer

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for good headphones to double as music/media AND gaming headphones.  I will be using them A LOT for gaming but also music.  In the past I've had anything from Sennheiser to Klipsch earphones, but never headphones.  I'm really like to max out at $225 since I will have to buy a mic and probably an amp a ways down the road.

Last thing, comfort is SUPER important.  Long gaming sessions will occur.  

Thanks guys

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:31 PM Post #2 of 5
Sennheiser HD 598's are great for gaming, movies and music. If you're not a total basshead you should be very happy with the choice. Also they are very comfortable, your can wear them all day without any discomfort.

Apr 18, 2014 at 12:52 PM Post #3 of 5
Sennheiser HD 598's are great for gaming, movies and music. If you're not a total basshead you should be very happy with the choice. Also they are very comfortable, your can wear them all day without any discomfort.

I just hate the color. I wish they came in black. Right now I'm considering the Philips Fidelio X1. I play BF3 and BF4 pretty seriously and I've read they are pretty accurate in terms of sound. The other I REALLY like is that it has a detachable cord. That allows me to run a vmoda boom pro gaming mic.

I probably wouldn't have been asking around had those Sennheisers come in black.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:24 PM Post #4 of 5
Sennheiser 558's are black, and from what people say they're pretty close to 598's in terms of sound quality. 558's are cheaper too. But if you can get over the looks, 598's are perfect for gaming, and very nice for music.
I upgraded my 598's to 650's a while ago, but decided to keep the 598's just for gaming and movies. They are really special.

Apr 18, 2014 at 1:34 PM Post #5 of 5
Sennheiser 558's are black, and from what people say they're pretty close to 598's in terms of sound quality. 558's are cheaper too. But if you can get over the looks, 598's are perfect for gaming, and very nice for music.
I upgraded my 598's to 650's a while ago, but decided to keep the 598's just for gaming and movies. They are really special.

Cool. Thanks for the info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back