Can you recommend a device for me?
Mar 28, 2011 at 10:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pconyers

New Head-Fier
I work as a cable installer and am looking for a unit that will play .mp3’s (preferably some sort of flash media) and AM/FM radio to enjoy while I am out in the field. It needs to have a 3.5 mm jack, an easy to see and use display (but not doing video or anything), somewhat small in size and durable and able to take a bump and be used out in the elements as I work in some pretty hectic conditions at times. Any recommendations for me?

Mar 28, 2011 at 10:51 PM Post #2 of 5
Look at clip+ they are cheap and fairly durable as well as small, the screen is bright and easy to read and it has good SQ and EQ to boot (If you like rockbox you can mess with that too) but doesn't have any apps of flash media (I assume you want apps) The next option how ever much I hate it would probably be Ipod touch since it will have galore of apps and decent music playback...(get a used one to save some $$$$) Cowon j3 is a favorite around here but its really only a music player and thats about it. Zune HD is also very good and will have several apps good sq and will be very durable. 

If you want ultimate protection for the Ipod touch or what ever player look at the Pelican cases they are crush proof as well as dust proof (and will resist water for 30min when submerged under 1m of water) i1015 and i1010 cases will have headphone jacks out so you can use the case and listen to ur player at same time you can find them for under 30$. 

Mar 28, 2011 at 11:06 PM Post #3 of 5
Well I do not care about apps or whatever. I just want to listen to saved mp3s be it music or podcasts and ALSO AM/FM radio. Do any of ones you mentioned do AM/FM? Whatever brand/series anyone you recommend could you give a specific model?

Mar 29, 2011 at 12:30 AM Post #5 of 5
It seems that it is VERY hard to find a device that does AM radio and with all the sporting events and sports radio I listen to that is a must. Doesn't someone make a product with all these features?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back