Can you post pics of your custom tips?
Jul 29, 2009 at 4:05 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

talisman42

500+ Head-Fier
I'm particularly interested in the UM56, and I've seen some interesting photos. Can I see yours?
wink.gif

The shure black olives give me good mileage, but looking further down the road...

thanks!

Jul 30, 2009 at 2:12 AM Post #4 of 9
How long or how short they are, and how they are shaped, depends on how long or how short they need to be, and how they need to be shaped to fit and to get correctly positioned in YOUR ear canal. We are all made differently. Shapes and lengths will vary.

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:33 AM Post #5 of 9
I understand that they'll vary, but the that blue one above looks exceptionally short. I wonder if I can request a shorter tip to make it easier to insert/remove while not compromising a secure fit and SQ? Jeez, the red/marbly one looks like an organ!

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #8 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by talisman42 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I understand that they'll vary, but the that blue one above looks exceptionally short. I wonder if I can request a shorter tip to make it easier to insert/remove while not compromising a secure fit and SQ? Jeez, the red/marbly one looks like an organ!

I think the blue one is just a promo pic and not an actual mold. You don't want it too short unless you don't mind not hearing much of an improvement in terms of the soundstage.

Jul 31, 2009 at 3:41 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Oomingmak /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I think the blue one is just a promo pic and not an actual mold. You don't want it too short unless you don't mind not hearing much of an improvement in terms of the soundstage.

Here's an interesting pic and post.
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/um2...9/#post2522243

It's pretty short in comparison - and it was done to optimize fit and SQ for that particular person. I hope I fall into a similar category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back