Can you offer some headphone suggestions?j
May 23, 2016 at 2:05 PM Post #31 of 32
There are certain areas in this hobby where the community is less than unanimous. Burn-in happens to be one of those things. I have owned, relatively, a lot of gear. To date, burn-in has made no difference to equipment I have heard. The K7XX sounds the same from the moment I opened the package upon release of the product to now.

I think burn-in is psychological and if anything is getting burned-in, it's your brain becoming accustomed to the sound of new gear. YMMV

ROFL

May 23, 2016 at 4:50 PM Post #32 of 32
I'm not sure why you didn't include his entire quote but he stated that his ears stick out a bit. That there was clamping pressure from the pads. Of course everyone has different ears. The entire premise of my thread is that my ears are large also. It stands to reason that I wouldn't but headphones where I know of someone else who is having the same issue. There are other headphones that I've read reviews on where I found no one complaining about clamping, or the pads fitting around the ears. Those are likely headphones that I will take a closer look at.

Yes, I'm concerned about it but you're stating that if I am worried about it, I shouldn't buy any? Lol. Sure, okay. I should give up then. I shouldn't look or read reviews or try any to see if they fit? Cmon already.

Your assumption is incorrect.I am 6'7", 270 lbs. Every part of my body is XXL. I fully understand the problems associate with finding headphones that fit with large ears AND large head. LOL

And after trying tons of headphones, I can tell you right now it is not statistically relevant at all what one person says about headphone fit. Now the PM-3s you bought, many people noted that they were smaller. That's why I didn't buy any even though I was interested in them. To get any true general sense of fit and comfort, you have to read a lot of reviews and look for where something is repeatedly cited as a problem. And even then, it may not a problem for you. For instance, Grados don't bother me. But they do a lot of people.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back