Can you name the 50 states?
Feb 22, 2010 at 3:49 PM Post #31 of 48
Quote:

I'd like to know how many people in the USA understand the differences between: "Scotland", "England", "Ireland", "Northern Ireland", "Wales", "Britain", "Great Britain", "British Isles" and "United Kingdom" though.

What about Cornwall?

Feb 22, 2010 at 5:03 PM Post #34 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I can name 63 states, most of which might not technically exist.

biggrin.gif
That was a good one.

I up to eleven now. My friend gave me a tip, "think of words that rhyme with Rhode Island," and now I'm even more stuck. Thailand keeps popping into my head; not sure if it's a state though.

Feb 23, 2010 at 6:27 AM Post #35 of 48
atsmile.gif
According to President Barry O, there are 57:

"It is wonderful to be back in Oregon," Obama said. "Over the last 15 months, we’ve traveled to every corner of the United States. I’ve now been in 57 states? I think one left to go. Alaska and Hawaii, I was not allowed to go to even though I really wanted to visit, but my staff would not justify it."

YouTube - Obama Claims He's Visited 57 States

Feb 23, 2010 at 7:18 PM Post #36 of 48
united-states-map.gif

Why yes. Easy.

Feb 23, 2010 at 8:12 PM Post #39 of 48
It's much easier know the capitals too. If you know a capital, you can think of the state you forgot. 5th grade was relentless! We had to know em alll!!!

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:10 PM Post #41 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'd like to know how many people in the USA understand the differences between: "Scotland", "England", "Ireland", "Northern Ireland", "Wales", "Britain", "Great Britain", "British Isles" and "United Kingdom" though.

I had to google Wales to remember exactly what it's deal is and I was not consciously aware of the Channel Islands. I think the IRA et. al. kept most abroad from forgetting Ireland.

Feb 23, 2010 at 9:36 PM Post #42 of 48
Quote:

Originally Posted by tru blu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Think naming the states is difficult? Here's comedian turned U.S. Senator Al Franken at a state fair drawing a map from memory. The video has been sped up, but it took him about four-five minutes in real time:

YouTube - Senator Al Franken draws map of USA

If that's real, color me impressed.

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:34 PM Post #44 of 48
Quote:

Think naming the states is difficult? Here's comedian turned U.S. Senator Al Franken at a state fair drawing a map from memory. The video has been sped up, but it took him about four-five minutes in real time:

YouTube - Senator Al Franken draws map of USA

That's a damn good map...

Feb 23, 2010 at 10:42 PM Post #45 of 48
Quote:

Here's a real time version from a couple of years earlier, replete with commentary:

YouTube - Al Franken Draws The United States Of America

It's obvoiusly a practiced routine, but it's still impressive. I have problems drawing circles. LoL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back