Can you make Eac create folders?
Feb 5, 2006 at 9:32 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

micaela

1000+ Head-Fier
Can you configure EAC to create a folder for you based on the artist name? If so can someone tell me how to do it? Thanks......

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:05 PM Post #3 of 5
That sounds like the intelligent answer.

My method, I name the folders by the album name.

1) load the disk
2) click the freedb button
3) I highlight the album name and right click for "copy"
4) press the MP3 button (ironically the same even if yer making FLAC files)
5) (make sure you are in the directory where you are ripping to) and press the "new folder" button at the top, and paste in your name.
6) pressing ok, or return twice starts the ripping.

I am sure I am doing it the hard way. I do an equal amount of classical and jazz. I do look carefully at the length of some of the terms (album, artist and track names) as they can add up to a file name greater than allowed length.

Seems like I end up altering the album title as well to make them distinct. My recent example both The Dixie Chicks and Sarah Brightman have an album named "Fly" - go figure.

Try his method first, and if it works for you, go for it.

Feb 6, 2006 at 1:10 AM Post #4 of 5
Thanks for the replies. I had set up using the filenames tabs two different ways & can't get it to work exactly as I want it. I don't want the Artist name in the filename that my player uses when I load it onto the player. I only want the artist name on the folder and then each album of that artist in a subfolder & then only the title & track # in the next folder. Does this make sense.

I didn't know you could create a folder from the menu you are talking about Bones -- that should work for me.

If I'm missing something else I hope someone will chime in with more suggestions.

I want my tree to look like this:

Genre
Artist
Album
Tracks & Track #'s

Feb 6, 2006 at 2:19 AM Post #5 of 5
Did you try something like this?

%B\%A\%C\%T %N

That should give you rips like this:

Genre\Artist\CD Title\track.title track number.flac

You may have to play with the %B tag, I'm assuming freedb music type is the genre, but not using it in my rips I can't say for sure. I'd guess it's either %B or %I. I use a similar set up, but I don't use the %B tag. I pop a CD in, freedb it, check to make sure I like what freedb filled in, and rip straight away. If you haven't already, make sure to set a default rip directory to streamline the process even further.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back