Can you just plug a USB audio dongle into an Android phone on the fly to listen to calls?
Nov 15, 2023 at 8:33 PM Post #16 of 19
this is possible, you could get a bluetooth dongle such as one from the fiio BTR series, which you can used wired and bluetooth, so you could listen wired for superior SQ at the desk then use bluetooth on the go. also, they all have inbuilt mics for phone calls.
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually do have a BTR1K, use it mainly for TV.
The issue is I use my DAP pretty much all the time and it doesn't have BT but it is one of the very few that is still Rockbox 3rd party firmware compatible and over the years I've come to find the customisation and massive amount of features Rockbox has indispensable.
Until I find a phone app that does everything I need it'll just have to be DAP for audio entertainment and phone for communicating/cheating at pub quizzes.
True it's not as convenient but I'm ok with it.

Nov 24, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #18 of 19
Thanks for the suggestion, I actually do have a BTR1K, use it mainly for TV.
The issue is I use my DAP pretty much all the time and it doesn't have BT but it is one of the very few that is still Rockbox 3rd party firmware compatible and over the years I've come to find the customisation and massive amount of features Rockbox has indispensable.
Until I find a phone app that does everything I need it'll just have to be DAP for audio entertainment and phone for communicating/cheating at pub quizzes.
True it's not as convenient but I'm ok with it.
what kind of DAP is it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back