Can you identify this tonearm?
Sep 27, 2005 at 2:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

baskaran

New Head-Fier
I have posted a couple of pictures of the tonearm that came with my SOTA Comet here. Can someone identify the make and model of this arm for me please. I think this is not a Rega tonearm. Is it a LMT II tonearm?

Thanks,

baskaran

Sep 30, 2005 at 2:35 AM Post #2 of 4
You have a broken tonearm. That rear stub portion with the counterweight should be aligned with the tube in a straigth line not hanging down at 45 degrees.

I would be very surprised if you are able to play your lp's with a toneram in that condition.

Was that the way you received it? Looks like it was damaged in shipment. With such a large deflection downward one would have to assume that your bearings are also damaged. Time to drop in a new tonearm.

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:48 PM Post #3 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by GWN
You have a broken tonearm. That rear stub portion with the counterweight should be aligned with the tube in a straigth line not hanging down at 45 degrees.

I would be very surprised if you are able to play your lp's with a toneram in that condition.

Was that the way you received it? Looks like it was damaged in shipment. With such a large deflection downward one would have to assume that your bearings are also damaged. Time to drop in a new tonearm.

The problem started after we moved 3000 miles to northern California. I bet this damage happened during that move. Any recommendation for a tonearm for this table?

Oct 1, 2005 at 3:54 PM Post #4 of 4
I have an RB300 on my Comet with a Grado Sonata cartridge. I have not tried any other arm as this is the tone that Todd recommended. I have been perfectly happy with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back