Can you hum along with a Denon AH-D2000?
Oct 16, 2008 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Ham Sandwich

Headphoneus Supremus
I like to hum along with the music as I listen. Especially the bass parts or part of the vocals. Closed headphones typically (always?) cause a resonance in the ears when I hum along. Do the Denon headphones have that same tendency?

I have been thinking of the Denons for rock music as a complement to my Senn 600s. But if the Denons don't like me to hum along to the music I'll have to scratch them off the list and look for some suitable open cans.

Oct 16, 2008 at 5:06 AM Post #2 of 5
That's...hmm...not a really good reason to discount a headphone, but to each his own. Well, put it this way...they are not the most isolating closed phones out there. They shouldn't rob you of your humming pleasure though.

Oct 16, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #3 of 5
It may be an odd request for info about a headplhone. But if it doesn't sound right as I hum along and go "dum dum dum" with the bass line then it is not going to be a fun headphone for me.

I was listening to my old Sony MDR-V6 headphones, started humming along, and said this isn't good at all. The humming resonated in the earcups. If the Denons do the same then there is no way I could have fun listening to them.

Oct 16, 2008 at 4:29 PM Post #4 of 5
I also hum when listening to some music
normal_smile .gif
, D2000 certainly doesn't go along well with that. There is a still a lot of resonances. I much prefer my open headphones for that purpose.

Oct 16, 2008 at 11:39 PM Post #5 of 5
Thanks. I was afraid of that. It seems my normal listening habits aren't compatible with any kind of a closed headphone. I gotta be able to hum along.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back