Can you help determine the best MEElectronics IEMs for me?
May 16, 2012 at 6:48 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

fradd

New Head-Fier
So once again my IEMs broke.
I was kind of hoping for them to break, because I wanted to try out some MEElectronics earbuds instead (and I can return the broken ones for meelec ones).

Anyway, I'm looking for the best ones I can get at Best Buy, because I can exchange them there. I will only have 40 dollars.

I usually listen to heavy metal and thrash metal, but also dubstep, drum and bass, and other electronic music.
I'm looking for IEMs that would allow me to feel the bass. This is mainly what I'm looking for.

But from the reviews that I have seen on this website and on other websites for the Meelec IEMs, they all have "good" or "decent" bass.

But anyway, here are the ones I'm considering:
M9, M16, M6, M21, M31, M11

So almost the whole M series...

So can you help me decide which ones to get?

P.S. Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask this here. I just made this account today.

May 17, 2012 at 3:30 AM Post #2 of 6
If you want the best, none of the above.
MEElec just outed their newest flagship, the A161, and has been generally well-received.

You can also take a look at the A151 and/or CC51.

May 17, 2012 at 3:50 AM Post #3 of 6
I don't have very wide experience, but I have been very impressed with the A151. It's got a balanced armature, which is good IMO, and it's got the most fantastic cable: very flexible (so it can be worn over the ear comfortably) and with very little microphonics.

I had trouble getting a consistent seal with my A151s, but I'm sure I would have solved that problem by experimenting with different tips, had I not lost them!

May 17, 2012 at 2:01 PM Post #4 of 6
Quote:
So once again my IEMs broke.
I was kind of hoping for them to break, because I wanted to try out some MEElectronics earbuds instead (and I can return the broken ones for meelec ones).

Anyway, I'm looking for the best ones I can get at Best Buy, because I can exchange them there. I will only have 40 dollars.

I usually listen to heavy metal and thrash metal, but also dubstep, drum and bass, and other electronic music.
I'm looking for IEMs that would allow me to feel the bass. This is mainly what I'm looking for.

But from the reviews that I have seen on this website and on other websites for the Meelec IEMs, they all have "good" or "decent" bass.

But anyway, here are the ones I'm considering:
M9, M16, M6, M21, M31, M11

So almost the whole M series...

So can you help me decide which ones to get?

P.S. Sorry if I'm not supposed to ask this here. I just made this account today.

I'll answer for you...Since you have $40 at Best Buy.  All of these are in that price range...Take off the M11 & M16 not too good,
The M9 fit's but can be tricky to get a good seal, I had to buy Triple Flanges, The M6 is very close sounding to the M21-It depends if you want over the ear or in ear?  My pick would be the M6 hands down, it fits exactly what your looking for in sound.   The M31 is very bass heavy but it's not good, it's very bloated and smears out the rest of the spectrum..A very hard listen on that one...It's so bad it gives me a headache...Go M6 and you'll be real happy...It works well for all music, great build and comfort is great...

May 17, 2012 at 7:50 PM Post #5 of 6
THANKS YOU Magicman47!
I will probably just buy both the M6 and M9, since I have enough to do that.

To the other people: I said how my budget was 40 dollars. Not a hundred...or seventy. But thanks for looking at the thread anyway.

May 18, 2012 at 4:38 AM Post #6 of 6
Quote:
THANKS YOU Magicman47!
I will probably just buy both the M6 and M9, since I have enough to do that.

To the other people: I said how my budget was 40 dollars. Not a hundred...or seventy. But thanks for looking at the thread anyway.

That was really my bad... sorry about that.
And yes, both the M6 and M9 are the best value +SQ

Users who are viewing this thread

Back