Can you guys recommend a $100-200 pair of headphones?
Sep 12, 2007 at 7:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

bball2

New Head-Fier
Hi everyone, I was wondering if you guys could recommend a few different headphones in the $100-200 range for me. They will be replacing my Sennheiser HD212 which were stolen a few days ago.
frown.gif

I will mostly be using the headphones to listen to music on my computer for extended periods of time. So the main thing I am looking for is comfort. Most of my music is Rap / Hip Hop / RnB, so something with really good bass would be ideal.
smily_headphones1.gif

Right now I was checking out the HD280's and the HD580's but anything else you guys could recommend would be great.

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:04 PM Post #2 of 8
HD25-1's

Denon AH-D1000

Equation Audio RP21

Ultrasone DJ1/ DJ1 pro

I can go on suggestion all day, but i have a question.

do you want to stay wioth sennheiser?

Sep 12, 2007 at 12:43 PM Post #3 of 8
If you use them for movies/games as well HD595 otherwise HD580

Sep 12, 2007 at 1:04 PM Post #5 of 8
You can take a look at Sennheiser HD485. Cheap, but good build quality and pretty comfy. Definitely good for your music preferences.
cool.gif

Sep 12, 2007 at 6:40 PM Post #6 of 8
Audio Technica AD700: Sound awsome straight from computer. And with better source, sounds better. Never need an amp.

Those things are beyond comfy. Its like Lazy BoyZ for ears. And they sound great and will cost you 145 Dollars total with 2 Day shipping from Osaka, Japan

www.audiocubes.com Their service I recommend and well, headphones made in Japan, Direct from Japan, Great Service, Fast Delivery, Awsome Price. Could you ask for more?

Did I mention these things are beautiful? Just gorgeous headphones.

Informative AD700 Review

Good luck with your headphone search

f_audiotechnica_athad700.jpg

Sep 13, 2007 at 1:26 AM Post #8 of 8
@captian73, I'm open to different brands, the HD212's were the only headphones (except in ear ones) that I've used which were more than $50.

@ken36, I have a kickass pair of Shure E4g's with triple flange sleeves (with the top part cut off, so double flange sleeves?) and they sound terrific with my iPod. But I'm more or so looking for a larger model that would be well suited for music on the computer and movies.

@Ruckus, and Moocher
I haven't looked into audio technica too much but those two look pretty good. Just looking for the most comfortable pair in that price range, and your lazy boy description sure sounds tempting.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back