Can You Get Seamless Connection Between Tracks in iTunes?
Aug 24, 2004 at 5:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

dshea_32665

100+ Head-Fier
I have some recordings which do not have space between tracks because the music is continuous. With iTunes I get an annoying pop or gap between tracks. Is this a small price I have to pay for going to a HD system, or is there a way to take the gap out? Ripped Pink Floyd Dark Side of the Moon last night and it isn't the same with gaps between tracks.

dshea

Aug 24, 2004 at 6:17 PM Post #2 of 4
If you use Foobar2000, it does.
smily_headphones1.gif
I forget the exact thing... but it's one of the options... I'm at work so I can't recall... if no one fills it in by the evening, I will let you know.

Aug 24, 2004 at 8:02 PM Post #3 of 4
iTunes doesn't support gapless playback yet (it's probably the no. 1 gripe out there for iTunes/iPod, other than battery life for the iPod). Foobar2k does. Also, with a foobar2k dsp plug-in called "gap killer" you could remove the gaps from files that have gaps encoded (mp3's using whatever you were using, or makes regular gaps in songs diappear so all your albums flow like Dark Side). Or just right-click in foobar when playing mp3's and there is a "fix my MP3 header" option to do it manually.

Aug 24, 2004 at 8:20 PM Post #4 of 4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ted_b
iTunes doesn't support gapless playback yet (it's probably the no. 1 gripe out there for iTunes/iPod, other than battery life for the iPod). Foobar2k does. Also, with a foobar2k dsp plug-in called "gap killer" you could remove the gaps from files that have gaps encoded (mp3's using whatever you were using, or makes regular gaps in songs diappear so all your albums flow like Dark Side). Or just right-click in foobar when playing mp3's and there is a "fix my MP3 header" option to do it manually.

That's the one I was thinking of!!
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back