Can you get SACD onto an iPod
Mar 4, 2006 at 7:20 PM Post #2 of 7
Nope. There is no slot for the sacd
tongue.gif

Kidding. Answer is still no. If it is a hybrid, you can get the cd layer.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 7
Short answer is no...

If it has a hybrid layer, you ought to be able to do so.

Or, if you have some manner by which you can convert the analog signal to the compatable file of your choice, that will work (sort of...)

But no, you can't rip an SACD layer to MP3's (a generic term) straight from the disc.

Mar 4, 2006 at 7:38 PM Post #5 of 7
Pity.. I usually use vinyl but my family got me an iPod for Christmas, so I bought a Stax portable set-up for it and ran a few CDs up the flag pole.

I'm impressed, but I was hoping that one could improve things further. To kill this thread off: is CD via apple lossless the highest quality one can get onto an iPod?

Mar 4, 2006 at 9:38 PM Post #6 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sniks7
Pity.. I usually use vinyl but my family got me an iPod for Christmas, so I bought a Stax portable set-up for it and ran a few CDs up the flag pole.

I'm impressed, but I was hoping that one could improve things further. To kill this thread off: is CD via apple lossless the highest quality one can get onto an iPod?

yes

Mar 4, 2006 at 10:32 PM Post #7 of 7
Quote:

Originally Posted by sniks7
To kill this thread off: is CD via apple lossless the highest quality one can get onto an iPod?

Well, there's always WAV files...but lossless is for all intents and purposes as good as it gets.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back