Can you drive a manual transmission car?
May 15, 2006 at 5:59 PM Post #181 of 191
When I first leaned how to drive, it was on an automatic.

A few years later, my step-dad let me learn how to drive a stick on his pick-up truck. That was one of the best 2 hours I ever invested.

It was really easy to pick up, and never having to worry about driving any vehicle was a good benefit.

I like the control I get with a stick - it is better driving in snow, rain, going down hill, going uphill, etc. The only drawback is that I can't talk drink my Monster energy drink and eat a Big Mac as easily with a stick as I can with an auto.

May 15, 2006 at 8:08 PM Post #182 of 191
I love driving manual but driving manual in the city everyday is a pain and i'm too lazy. The most fun i had was renting a manual car in italy. Lots of tight alleys, fast vehicles, stops on hills and crazy pedestrians.
smily_headphones1.gif

May 15, 2006 at 11:12 PM Post #185 of 191
Any of you ever driven a car with a tiptronic gearbox? I drove the Auti TT with tiptronic. Interesting experience, kind of like a semi-auto, but much more fun.

May 16, 2006 at 3:02 AM Post #186 of 191
Does a manual 6 speed tractor count? I'm only 15, so I can't actually drive a car yet, but I do know that it is fun to drive the ~50 year old tractor that my grandparents have to mow the fields. I only broke a few fence rails when I was learning. :p It can get confusing because you have to constantly look back to adjust the hight if the mower with the hydraulics when the front wheels are at a different angle than the back of the mower.

May 16, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #187 of 191
Had all manual cars until I bought my Nissan Murano last year. But its a CVT, which is something different altogether. Its like driving a huge golf cart.

My first car was the dreaded Renault LeCar (also known as LeCrap, or as the Renault 5 to you Europeans). Had a 4 speed, I think, it was hard to figure out which gear you were in. One time I blew the clutch out downshifting into what I thought was 3rd gear. OOOPS, nope, that was 1st gear.

The irony is that Renault and Nissan are now basically one company.

May 16, 2006 at 9:14 PM Post #188 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Duggeh
Any of you ever driven a car with a tiptronic gearbox? I drove the Auti TT with tiptronic. Interesting experience, kind of like a semi-auto, but much more fun.

Tried the tiptronic, hated it.

The first time I tried to drive a stick I redlined my friend car @ 6,500 in 1st gear... switched to 2nd but heard a noise so I mistakenly put it back into 1st @ ~7,200.... Burned out down the road... Got out and had a good laugh about it.

May 16, 2006 at 9:20 PM Post #190 of 191
Quote:

Originally Posted by Gaughtfried
I've failed my last 5 drivers tests, so no I cannot drive a manual (or any car for that matter).

It must be hard to get a driver's license in canada...

May 16, 2006 at 9:26 PM Post #191 of 191
I'm admittedly too young to drive a car yet
rolleyes.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back