Can you dispute feedback?
Jun 21, 2011 at 8:46 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

bsaac

Head-Fier
I'm relatively new here but bought and sold a few items before Head Fi switched to the new feedback system.

However I recently purchased a pair of T50p from a member and paid him via paypal as a gift (duh..)

Anyway after 8 weeks the headphones never arrived and after many PM's back and forth with the member requesting him to confirm what address he sent the package to he was unable to actually tell me what my address was let alone what the address he shipped to.

He kept saying that he got my address from Paypal but that he had deleted his payment history so he didn't have any record of it.

I live in Australia so he would have had to complete a customs form as well but he didn't have a record of this either

Eventually I just cut my losses and put my $200 down to a lesson learned in not paying as a gift etc

I left him negative feedback as follows:

Paid for the headphones via paypal as a gift 8 weeks later the phones have still not arrived The seller was unable to even confirm what address he posted them to even though he would have had to complete a customs form to ship them to Australia

In return he leaves me negative feedback as follows:

Avoid! He said I dun hv his address so it's impossible for me to ship items to him. Everyone knows when u receive one's payment on PayPal, u will hv the address of the buyer(provide by PalPal). Common sense!!!!

So it seems not only have I lost my $200 but I now have a negative feedback rating.

My question is whether there is anyway to dispute this feedback as far as I can see even though I was a prompt payer etc I have been left negative feedback only because I left him negative feedback and not for any real reason to do with my actions as a buyer

Any assistance would be much apprecated

Users who are viewing this thread

Back