Can you buy Jung Super Regulator PCBs anywhere?
Dec 21, 2005 at 2:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 26

Porksoda

500+ Head-Fier
Google didn't yield any good results, except for one place asking for $25 for JUST THE BOARD!!

It seems to me that a board for a Jung super regulator shouldn't need to be any bigger than say a MINT or PIMETA board, so how expensive could they be? Does anyone sell them at a reasonable price?

Alternatively, are there any good pcb designs floating around that I can send off myself for a run?

Thanks!

'soda

Dec 21, 2005 at 2:56 PM Post #3 of 26
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=132481
I posted all the Gerber files and a cheap place to get my design of them made

I got all the parts for 10 of them sitting on my bench and am waiting on the PCB's to be made (lots of delays, I’m trying to get them through the system this week) then I’ll do some measurements and tests on them before reporting back

Maybe some form of group buy could be organised, either here through the right channels or on another board

Dec 21, 2005 at 6:27 PM Post #6 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by rickcr42
headfi member Aos did offered boards at one time fopr a very low price and I have used them to good end.Do a member search on his name for contact details.

www.aoselectronics.com
wink.gif
I've got a couple here if you can't find any (one positive, one negative). P-As boards are good as well, much more flexible than most implementations. I've built those too, only pain is the SMD eleco's, and even they're not too bad

Dec 22, 2005 at 1:41 AM Post #7 of 26
Quote:

Originally Posted by Porksoda
Google didn't yield any good results, except for one place asking for $25 for JUST THE BOARD!!

It seems to me that a board for a Jung super regulator shouldn't need to be any bigger than say a MINT or PIMETA board, so how expensive could they be? Does anyone sell them at a reasonable price?

Alternatively, are there any good pcb designs floating around that I can send off myself for a run?

Thanks!

'soda

well, P-A's design (mentioned earlier) is about $16-19 for the board depending on the exchange rate, but it does come with support, he will literally go out of his way to help you if you screw it up for whatever reason and the board does have a lot of flexibility. For that price I think it's very reasonable. Note however that it is a very "tight" configuration and large boutique parts will not fit it.

http://home.swipnet.se/~w-50719/

I've used the JSR03 twice in my diy history, the first time I had a bit of trouble, trust me not to read the instructions properly, the second time it was an absolute breeze. The JSR03 can be all through hole if you want too, if you're afraid of smd.

The board is about the size of a tangent tread, which is very very useful for tight applications. Also the board is designed well enough that you can put a fast opamp in there and it'll work (I have a ths4601 in one of the '03s I built).

Dec 22, 2005 at 5:54 AM Post #8 of 26
Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'll probably go with Aos' boards, though, since I want both positive and negative regulators, and the flexibility of a less compact design than Dakiller's. Anybody ever managed to make a jung regulator that can push ~400mA?

Dec 22, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #9 of 26
be sure to check with him whether he actually has them. i remember a while back someone mentioned he was out of stock.

Dec 22, 2005 at 6:13 AM Post #10 of 26
Quote:

Thanks for all the feedback! I think I'll probably go with Aos' boards, though, since I want both positive and negative regulators, and the flexibility of a less compact design than Dakiller's. Anybody ever managed to make a jung regulator that can push ~400mA?

heh mine (JSR03/ths4601+d44h11+LM338) is currently pushing 500mA or so and I'd guess capable of at least 3A consistantly with the heatsink/transformer/rectifier solution I'm using.

It's all to do with the heatsink you use and the LM317/338 you use.

P-A has a negative version aswell. the JSR05 is a negative regulator, whereas the JSR03 is a positive.

Also he has a positive/neg on one board with rectifiers and everything, I think it's the JSR06..

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:19 PM Post #11 of 26
Anybody know the exchange rates for P-A's site? I checked the currency exchanger and it didn't have the "SEK" units he was using. I used the standard swedish unit of currency and it definitely came out to like $50 for the board. Somehow that doesn't seem right...
confused.gif

Dec 22, 2005 at 3:53 PM Post #13 of 26
http://finance.yahoo.com/currency for all your currency conversion needs, it doesn't have the snails paced server that oanda does.

remember on per ander's site that he has a few different super reg boards. some are very expensive and some are very affordable (both expensive and affordable are relative though). so make sure you look over all his power supplies and read the info on them to get the right one for you.

Dec 23, 2005 at 3:08 AM Post #14 of 26
Quote:

Anybody know the exchange rates for P-A's site? I checked the currency exchanger and it didn't have the "SEK" units he was using. I used the standard swedish unit of currency and it definitely came out to like $50 for the board. Somehow that doesn't seem right...
confused.gif

use http://xe.com for all your currency needs
smily_headphones1.gif

Also, the JSR03 (board) cost me about 19$USD shipped. (a while ago)

Dec 23, 2005 at 6:02 AM Post #15 of 26
Eeek, I need at least 5 boards for this power supply I am building, and as nice as Per-Anders' boards are, that is a ton of cash just for boards. Not sure if the extra ~$8 apiece is worth it...
confused.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back