Can tube amp turn DT880 into RS1( for rock and indy)?
Oct 2, 2008 at 11:00 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

coolcat

500+ Head-Fier
I find that I just simply donn't like DT880 sound signature for Rock and Indy.Maybe because I like the Grados sound and I think they are total different(for example RS1 and DT880).
Most of all the DT880's lovers here have suggested tube amps.
But I doubt ,that how much changes can an amp bring to the Headphones.
I think,there must be some changes(maybe a big improvement),but is it enough to satisfied the one ,who likes the Grados ,
Cuz no amp can change the beyers to the grados.I really consider to give the DT880(because of many good things ) a chance by buying a good tube amp but isn't it better to just sell them(amp and headphones) and just buy a grado.
Again
Do you guys think that there will be a big-step improvement (for rock and Indy)if I change my amp(SS to littledot or darkvoice) ?

Oct 2, 2008 at 12:25 PM Post #5 of 7
Get RS1's, they're not so tube-craving as the RS2's. The DT880's with a tube amp will get more AKG-like, IMHO.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 2, 2008 at 2:46 PM Post #6 of 7
Amps will improve headphones they wont change headphone x into headphone y.

The 880s and RS-1s are very different headphones regardless of tubes or no tubes.

Oct 2, 2008 at 3:41 PM Post #7 of 7
thank you guys to affirm my assumption.
I have heard good thing about tube amp but I donn't know how much the tube will bring the warm and more Bass to the DT880. Yeah it seems(surely) like you guys said Amp can not change the one headphones to the other.
so I'd better sell them soon.
Thank you all

Users who are viewing this thread

Back